What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Quick Reference of Nep Temps.

Hiya Fellow Nep Heads-

A fellow nep grower created this chart for his own reference, but I asked if I could share it with other growers and he said yes, but remember this is just a general range, not something set in stone.

The author mentions: "They show typical day and night temp at each extreme of the altitude range and the big band in the middle gives the day / night extreme at the average altitude of its range. They are all theoretical (i.e. I didn't go there and measure it) and they don't take into account the attitude of the plants to the sun! So use with caution."

4047490051_149c10df95_o.jpg

4047489741_3ae802232e_o.jpg

Hope this comes in handy.

E

WOW. That is amazing! Thank you for sharing. :D *Bookmarks*

Thanks, that's just the sort of thing I've been looking for!!

Any chance you have the raw data for this, or have a version in Fahrenheit?

I have seen this chart from it's original post but I had forgotten about it. Good info! Thanks for posting.

Any chance you have the raw data for this, or have a version in Fahrenheit?

I can't do anything about the raw data as I am not the source. But here are the Faranheight conversions.

F=(9/5 * C) + 32

C = F
--------------
5 = 41
10 = 50
15 = 59
20 = 68
25 = 77
30 = 89.6
35 = 95

Assuming my equation and math skills are accurate that is... :)

I think that the original post was on CPUK or the ICPS boards... and I believe there was raw data mentioned there. I don't have a link but I bet you could find it with a little searching.
~Joe

I think Manders posted it on CPUK over an year ago. but yeah...it is a nice reference sheet.

I'm glad that some people find the charts useful. When I have time, I'll try to produce a version in Imperial units, also need to add a few new species on if I can find the relevant distribution data, might take a week or two so please bear with me a while.

I'm glad that some people find the charts useful. When I have time, I'll try to produce a version in Imperial units, also need to add a few new species on if I can find the relevant distribution data, might take a week or two so please bear with me a while.

That would be FANTASTIC! I'll stay tuned. Take your time, but hurry it up! ;-)

That's fantastic!

These type of charts belong in the CP growing books.

Back