What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple of N. spectabilis North Sumatra photos

My N. spectabilis is doing pretty good after the move inside, im quite happy with how its growing under the two 8 foot fluorescent lights...
Here is a lower pitcher just opening up from the plants rather large basal...
DSC04947.jpg

and an upper pitcher from the main vine...its got the retard little lid syndrome going on it
DSC04952.jpg

this guy is also in flower again, so if anyone has a female nep of any kind in flower, and wants pollen...let me know

Astounding peristome. :) And the upper pitcher as a cool shape.

Purdy, purdy on that lower pitcher.

Hey SirKristoff-

Didja get anything at the Puyallup Show?

Good Growing,
E

very nice plant, I love that first pic of the newly opend one.

even though the upper pitcher is gonna have little lid syndrome, im excited to see what atleast the pitcher body and peristome will look like when its done.

My Gothica still hasnt shown its flower just yet but ... For the love of God it should be soon . I have known it was going to flower for over a month. an it is taking its sweet lil time

How can you tell a Nepenthes is going to flower?

generally if its a leaf away or so, the leaf will be bulbous and lumped from the flower forming inside.

Getting some good color contrasts in your garage for those photo's, another perk lol. Very nice

what show is this??

Hiya Swampdonkey-

To be more specific, it was the "Seattle Reptile Expo/Northwest Captive Breeders Expo" that happend at the Puyallup Fairgrounds on Oct.17-18.

It is mostly herps, arachnids, birds and a few exotic mammals for sale. But Sarracenia Northwest always has a booth there with a nice selections of CP's for sale.

It is usually done twice a year there in Puyallup, around spring and fall. Check out the Puyallup Fairgrounds calander for next year to see when it is scheduled again.

Good Growing,
E

isn't the North Sumatra clone the "ugly duckling" clone? if so that upper is going to be incredible. looking good Kris!

Alex

looking gooood

Yes it is the "ugly duckling" lol
but the upper has little lid syndrome...the next one hopefully wont though

I don't about the uppers...but this intermediate looks awsome!!!

its got retard little lid syndrome here lol...hopefully the next one is better....
this pitcher is starting to curl back the peristome...
Nepenthes11-30-09001.jpg

Even with a shrunken lid it still looks pretty good.

Any one else growing this one? Pics?

Back