Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I bought a 'Miranda' at LOWES pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightsky View Post
    Zero what are you using as a stake for the sang? Ive been using 3' dowels but need something taller.
    Hiya Nightsky-

You might want to check out the gardening section of one of them big box hardware stores and see if they have any long bamboo stakes. I've seen them before, but can't remember the name of it.

Or would a long skinny PVC pipe work well too? Just cut to size, cut a 45 degree point on one end and drive the sucker into the ground, pot, soil, a vampire, etc.

Good Luck,
    E

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entwadumela View Post
    Hiya Nightsky-

You might want to check out the gardening section of one of them big box hardware stores and see if they have any long bamboo stakes. I've seen them before, but can't remember the name of it.

Or would a long skinny PVC pipe work well too? Just cut to size, cut a 45 degree point on one end and drive the sucker into the ground, pot, soil, a vampire, etc.

Good Luck,
    E
    Vampire hatred is not cool, unless you're into Slayer. (Baaaaaaad pun)
    If there is ceiling close above the plant in question, as winter is on it's way, you can take a piece of twine or string attached to a nail from the ceiling to extend the stake.
    Good growing, Jack
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead, American Anthropologist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! I got one just as big, but not as full for $8 at the commissary. Its soil was bone dry and it was all wilty, they wanted $25 but I talked them down. It had 12 growth points on 2 plants. I have it growing at my mom's house on her kitchen sink with a 26 watt CF bulb in a reflector about 8 inches from it. It now has new leaves and a basal shoot! Seems to be doing pretty well, but I'm out of state for school now so I bbrought 2 cuttings with me as the mother plant would be to large for my dorm. I can't wait to see the mother plant in the spring! And I'll set it outside in may.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Here's the plant a day after I bought it and watered:
    it.
    The cuttings:

The main plant a couple weeks later:

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Zero, it seems your conditions for your sanguinea are similar to mine, do you find that's sufficient for the winter?
    I'm having my mom take care of the plant while I'm gone, 16hr photoperiod, watering once a week or so, and misting 2-3 times a day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha wow... that thing hardly even looks carnivorous.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats a killer find zero . Lucky dog , they dont havem like that at our local lowes . i have three lowes within 9 miles of my front door and i frequent them all , but have seen nothing like these, i saw the first nep in a death cube just this week , they havent had any neps in the past as far as i know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123