Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Not the N. mac "Daddy"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glider14 View Post
    like i said on the other forum. its most likely the clone from wistuba that ended up being trusmadienses.
    Point of clarification, Wistuba actually knows which clone is trusmadiensis and which is macrophylla because he sells them labeled specifically as such...
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    I thought that the consensus was that it was most likely Nepenthes x trusmadiensis, from the shape of the leaves as much as that of the pitchers . . .
    I would agree there is the possibility. The leaf shape to me doesn't indicate N. trusmadiensis however. Perhaps it is just the angle of the photo. But the leaves look considerably wider at the tips and the petiole is quite long. To me that is very N. lowii looking.

I also think that this pitcher is not a good example of what we should be looking at. I think it has not developed 100% having just been shipped and relocated. The plant is a good size though so I think in the next pitcher or two once it has settled in, we should see some nicely developed pitchers which will give a much better picture as to whether it is N. lowii or some sort of N. trusmadiensis.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    Point of clarification, Wistuba actually knows which clone is trusmadiensis and which is macrophylla because he sells them labeled specifically as such...
    Yes indeed he does now, but for many years they were shipped as N. macrophylla.

Does anyone have a photo of the plant he now ships labelled as N. trusmadiensis? Is it the same plant that for years was thought to be a N. macrophylla as in Osmosis's thread on Sams forum?

In either event this plant in question is too old to be from the stock he now ships as N. trusmadiensis.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

hmm guess my link doesn't work ;/
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Paroubek View Post
    Yes indeed he does now, but for many years they were shipped as N. macrophylla.
    Well I can say for the last 4 years he has had them labeled separately. So... 3-4 years ago what was shipped to the originator ought to have been properly labeled.

Does anyone have a photo of the plant he now ships labelled as N. trusmadiensis?
    I am not 100% but I think Rattler may have one... I know he has the one that ships as macro now...
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would deffinately be interesting to see photos of his plant he ships as N. trusmadiensis. I am not certain if it is the ?N. macrophylla or not. It could be an entirely different plant and perhaps is the plant we have in question here that was accidently mislabelled.

All I am saying is don't rule out N. lowii yet.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To those who had questions regarding the shape of this plants leaf, here is a pic of its newest leaf:

I agree what Tony had said, that this plant is a recent aquirement and it needs time to adjust to my conditions before it truly reveals itself. I will update you folks when it has gone through another pitcher or two, but in the mean time, hypothetical guesses are welcome.

By the way Tony, the link you gave on reply #16 doesn't seem to work (for me at least).

Also, any chance you have an N. mac available?

Good Growing,
    E

ps. I really appreciate you all for responding to my post

pss. That leaf came in with that slice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    he said the plant was bought from wistuba several years ago. how long ago was it that the plants true identity came out?

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks pretty hybridish to me, I could definitely believe that there would be some macro in it's lineage. A very pretty plant, though, nonetheless, I just hope for your sake it didn't come with a macro price tag.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leaning to the TM side also. Perhaps TM x lowii?

I have a wistuba Mac, and was a bit wary of ordering out of fear it would be the dubious mac x tm possibility. Good to hear he sorted them out, I didn't realize he had. Mine is so small it will be a while till I'll see any mac characteristics.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast