Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Not the N. mac "Daddy"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glider14 View Post
    he said the plant was bought from wistuba several years ago. how long ago was it that the plants true identity came out?
    Check Tony's post following mine and then my second post. But in a nutshell, it ought to have been correctly tagged at the time it was sent.

Quote Originally Posted by rattler View Post
    had it, no longer have it....please keep in mind anything after this in no way is critical of Wistubas plants, i have no issues ordering him....i am EXTREAMLY rough on plants and the TM in question was not ordered directly from Andreas, but originated from his stock...the TM was a lil on the small side and after a couple months crapped out on me, the macro however never skipped a beat and is doing great....
    Thanks Rattler, I thought I remembered you lost one but I could not recall which it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Entwadumela View Post
    You may have something there, Capensis.

But like the lowii, gots to wait to see if there any hair under that chiny-chin-chin (yeah I know, the lid)

I thought I had lost these but here are two pics of plant in question prior to purchasing:

Hopefully these two pics will give more aid to the IDing of this plant.

E
    Looking at your plant I, like Tony, am kind of inclined to think it is lowii. IIRC Wistuba has a "combo" pack he does of lowii and macro... Maybe there was a tag mix up in a shipment or after the shipment??...
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Looking at your plant I, like Tony, am kind of inclined to think it is lowii. IIRC Wistuba has a "combo" pack he does of lowii and macro... Maybe there was a tag mix up in a shipment or after the shipment??... "

So, some person out there is going, "Dang. My lowii got some funny teeth?"

E
    "My Greatest Fear Is, When I Die, The Missus Will Sell All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Got It For"

I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wouldnt be the first time there was a label screw up, wont be the last.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Rattler-

What adds more salt to my festering, fly circling, smelly wound is that he sent me pics before I purchased it. So even if it was mislabled, I wish I knew what to look for in a juvie N. mac. Obviously, I didn't

E
    "My Greatest Fear Is, When I Die, The Missus Will Sell All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Got It For"

I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yah live and yah learn....stuff happens.....least yah got a good start on a nice lowii.....mine are tiny at the moment
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still think its an xTM....my lowii, when i got it at first was about 3" in diameter, and even then had a couple of tiny little hairs under the lid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a good chance it is some sort of N. trusmadiensis. It is a little unusual for N. lowii to not show some hairs under the lid at a decent size like that. My main reason for suggesting not ruling it out yet is because the pitcher didnt' look properly developed particularly in the lid. I think with the next pitcher or two it will should be much clearer and in short order can probably determine if it is or isn't N. lowii. What I find odd is it doesn't look like any N. trusmadiensis I have ever seen come from the supplier in question.. It doesn't look like the plant Rattler has to me, although the size difference might? be causing that. (thanks for the photo Rattler!)

Pyro do you know if he has ever released some seed grown plants? Like if he had extra in the lab and just potted them up instead of keeping dozens of different clones? I know Malesiana did that in the past when they would initially release a new item.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree....this plant looks definitely like a primary lowii hybrid...maybe a lowii x macrophylla ? I know that the BE x TM is a macrophylla x lowii. Perhaps this one being the reverse is showing more lowii style phenotypes.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast