What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deformities Are Cool.

Deformed N. bongso 'purple' pitcher:
DSC03507.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll post a pic of my deformed B52 that looks like a huge cupped trap vft... :D

No they're not... ugh.. hideous...

Really? I love it. It's just a ball with a pin-sized hole.

i dont know if anyone has seen the pics of the TC mutant neps. but here is the one i used to have which i dont remember where it went to. to my knowledge is was a ventrata.
IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

Alex

Lol, looks like a salamander in the second picture. And I love how there's a random alligator (I believe it's an alligator, anyway) head in the background.

cool neps capensis and glider :p weirdoes they are...

here's my vft, i couldn't wait till tomorrow :p
PB220136.jpg

PB220134.jpg

now i realise only after, that this was a nep thread, but as it is the only deformity I've ever experienced among my plants, I had to share it with you guys :p

I had a teeny 1/4" V-shaped pitcher on my alata. The tendril attached straight from the bottom, no bend at all. Is till have the husk, I'll get pictures later.

Hi,

Last year I had a plant that produced several grossly deformed pitcher, possibly due to a mite infestation. IMO, they looked like the results from a scientific experiment gone wrong.

0807deform1.jpg

0807deform2.jpg

08mjdeformed.jpg

Regards,

Christer

Blokeman: Looks like it's trying to be a tuber. LOL

Lil' Stinkpot: Huh, I wonder how that works.

christerb: Oh, my. Now THOSE are real deformities. I really like the first won. :)

Capensis, think like a N. inermis upper, but with the tendril going straight down.

I'm still getting pictures.... eventually.

So it's upside down?

I looked, and it seems I lost the old pitcher. It was only 1/4 inch tall. Funny thing, I don't remember a lid....

Haha I've got that TC mutant Alex. I'm on break right now so my plants are up at school but I'll take a pic when i get back!

I believe I have Glider14's TC-Mutant which I got from CN. I'm actually going to be posting this plant for trade or SASE today. Here are some pictures. This plant is actually THRIVING in my conditions.

IMG_7493.JPG

IMG_7494.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_7498.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_7499.JPG_595.jpg

Back