What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month contest November 09 winners/comments

So we had ourselves quite the crazy competition this month....all sorts of entries!
Contest can be found here http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120218
Our winners are.....

1st Place, JMatt - N. edwardsiana
outstanding plant Jeff, i remember when you had the mouse bite issue on it...
It has grown amazingly well for you, again outstanding job and a great photo! thanks for this opportunity to see such a rare species!
eddy1.jpg

2nd Place, SirKristoff - N. spectabilis 'North Sumatra'
DSC05022.jpg

No clue how i won this, i love my spectabilis and im glad hes growing well for me even in my garage now....thanks guys :)

3rd Place, Zero - N. spectabilis x mira
Zero, gorgeous hybrid man...looks like a tubby spectabilis, shows some true promise!!! cant wait to see some uppers on that plant. Your sphagnum looks amazing too btw
specxmira5.jpg

4th place/Honorary Mention - Chunkyhunks - N. spectabilis x talangensis
Personally my favorite of the month man, i absolutely love the peristome on this pitcher...
and for a first time entry on a contest ifrc, you really made a lot of people go "oooooh"
amazing photograph too for just holding it in your hand, and as you said on MSN "a quick crappy photo" keep it up man.
Spectabilis and its hybrids have really stolen the show this month!
IMG_6465.jpg

Congrats to all who entered, Feel free to comment and get ready for Decembers contest!

Good show, good show. spectabilis is a beautiful plant and as far as I can see one of the most beautiful and perfect plants to hybridize with. And of course, edwardsiana takes the master of all cakes, for being simply the most amazing plant on the planet. (IMO)

Lol, I predicted exactly these plants in those places.

Awesome plants all.... great job!

Nice, I actually made the top 3:boogie:
peace,
Zero

Back