What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of Some Blood Red N. macfarlanei

Very nice - I love the subtle shape of N. macfarlanei. Mine doesn't quite look that good though. Not yet, at least. :)
~Joe

Whoa... I never knew macfarlanei looked like that. Awesome!

Hey how easy is that plant to grow?

yeah! N. macfarlenii is a fantastic species that is very underrated. Very nice pics though. I do like the bright red one...although I prefer the whiter one more.

Hey how easy is that plant to grow?

Surprisingly flexible in my experience. I think I recently read that it's a lowlander, but I keep mine in highland conditions and in spite of being underpotted and generally ignored, it's been a real trooper and puts on a good show. It's a little slow-growing and stays relatively compact, which probably has something to do with my neglect of it, but it's very undemanding and manages to pitcher well regardless.
~Joe

Mines always grown well but not pitchered well for me as a windowsill plant I've had for yeeeears.
Every now and again it will have a pitchering fit, but I can't nail down the chenge that sets it off.

Seedjar, what conditions do you grow yours in?

I love macfarlanei. Hope to grow 1 like that someday.

Mine grows and pitchers as pretty much a windowsill plant, but it doesn't seem to want to get more than 4 inches across. But the pitchers are nice.

Back