What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Say cheeeze 'N mac

Here are some pics of a couple of toothy smilin' N. macrophylla clones.

This first one is of a clone I got from CZ Plants last year,
IMG_2082-1.jpg

This next pitcher is from a Wistuba clone that I also acquired last year.
IMG_2128-1.jpg

And this final pic is of the two N. macrophylla clones side by side, with the Wistuba clone on the left and the CZ Plants clone to the right. Both plants are growing in five inch diameter plastic pots.
IMG_2096-1.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Those are awesome. I need to get a macro someday, LOL

I agree, WOW!!!!!!!!! how are you growing them!? They are both VERY beautiful!!

Hiya DVG-

Two beautiful plants you got there. I kinda lilke the CZ clone better due to its darker coloration.

Does CZ clone their own N. macs or do they get them from someplace else? If so, do you know where?

Also, do you have a favorite between the two and why?

Thanks for sharing your pics :hail:

Have a Happy New Year :boogie:

E

Wow!! Holy smokes!! Thats all I can say!! WOW!!

Thanks guys,

@ Devon, I grow all of my highlanders in the same conditions.

And I don't find N. macs to be that difficult.

They don't seem to need the extra cold that I try to give my N. villosa.

@Ent, I'm not exactly positive on where CZ Plants get their plants from, but I think that they do get some of them from BE.

You could always send Vasek Kubin, the owner of CZ, a quick email.

He is a very honest and friendly man.

Kinda difficult for me to pick a favorite.

The Wistuba clone is much faster growing and is making much larger pitchers, but I also like the darker coloration of the CZ Plants clone.

They are both different in their own way, with their own special qualities.

dvg

My browser scrolled down way too fast and I thought the first one was a vft, lol.

I wish I had a mac...

In any case, great plants! They'll be spectacular when fully grown!

Doug, these are astounding! :-O

Thanks,

For those of you looking to add N. macrophylla to your collections, I've heard talk that it will become available from at least one American CP vendor in February 2010.

Hopefully it will be offered at a nice price, and there will be enough to go around for everyone that wants one.

Good Growing everyone!

dvg

dvg, you just won't learn, haven't I told you to stop posting totally drool inducing plants? Another one and you'll be going to the totally awesome mac slammer ;)

dvg, you just won't learn, haven't I told you to stop posting totally drool inducing plants? Another one and you'll be going to the totally awesome mac slammer ;)

Hahaha Carn,

You know how it is, when you hear the seductive Siren call of Nepenthes, sometimes you just can't help but post up a few pics. ;^}

I'll try to cut back on my "drool inducing plants" postings, once my N. jacquelineae opens its newest pitcher that its currently inflating. I'm hoping that one will be special.

HAHA, I'll take part in the frenzy when my Jacq, Hamatas, and Veitchii hybrids produce there pitchers

Yeah, no doubt you will Mike.

Those veitchii hybrids you recently picked up are quite the "drool inducing plants" in their own right.

Keep us posted on their progress for sure!

Yeah, no doubt you will Mike.

Those veitchii hybrids you recently picked up are quite the "drool inducing plants" in their own right.

Keep us posted on their progress for sure!

HAHA. Will do. They are for sure to drool over. Please keep me posted on your neps progress as well. Those are for sure some awesome neps you grow there. I would love to see some new pics of your Tenuis as well. That Tenuis of yours is awesome.

I'll have to take some new pics of my Tenuis in the next up coming months. I have 2 Tenuis plants. I finally got that Female Tenuis cutting I was saying about like a couple months ago. She is showing some nice new healthy growth and is growing in the same pot next to my other Tenuis.

Have both macs had the coffee treatment? i might have to give my baby some of the black stuff lol. Its got a pitcher about to open on it here soon, got some red coloration to it too oddly enough, the previous one about half a year ago was mostly orange. its weird and produces pitchers rather rarely like a friend of mines macrophylla which is an absolute jaw dropper lol. gorgeous plants DVG, hope the CZ mac proves to be the real deal.

@ Mike, sure i'll try and get some new N. tenuis pics up in the coming months.

@Sirkristoff, both N. macs have had a black coffee treatment or two. One treatment every six months or so seems to really perk them up.

A few more pitcher pics of the Wistuba 'S' clone

The previous pitcher, but now colored up a bit more
IMG_2378-1.jpg

And the newest pitcher to form, dangling in space
IMG_2363-1.jpg

And nestled in a mini-brom
IMG_2364-1.jpg

Simply an Amazing Nep there DVG. I cant wait to find a Mac. I think I'll have to trade one of my Hamatas for one of those, LOL.

Thanks Mike. I've heard rumors and rumblings about N. macs becoming available for sale as early as next month, states side.

Hopefully you can hook up with that train and get onboard for one of those beauts.

Amazing dvg! Great job. What kind of set up do you have to grow these beasts?

Back