What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

glabrata seedlings pics

Update 03/06/10 scroll down for new pics.
Some pics of my N. glabrata seedlings.
Sorry for the poor colors and focus, I don't have a very good setup for pics here right now.

glabrata

glabrata1.jpg

glabrata2.jpg

glabrata3.jpg

glabrata4.jpg

glabrata5.jpg

glabrata6.jpg

peace,
Zero

Incredible that you got a hold of seed of this species! Congrats.

Wow looks at those cute little darlings :)

how old are the seedlings? I have grown some N. ventricosa from seed which were painfully slow. I have a two year old plant which is about an inch and a half a cross.

Looks like your doing pretty well. Any tips on your germination? I seem to have a pretty hit and miss record, so everyones ideas are helpful. What is the fertilization method you use ? They all look really happy !

beautiful/cute seedlings!! very nice! and the photos are better then anything I've ever taken! haha. great seedlings. Thanks for sharing.

They are less then a year old, not exactly sure when they germinated.
The conditions are floro lights, temps 55F/12C night and 75F/24C day humidity 55% day 90% night.
Only fertilized 2 times with maxsea + urea free orchid ferts.
Peace,
Zero

Did you get these from ebay? I saw a couple of glabrata seeds for sale and wanted to know if they were viable.

what a funny question to ask.... :D

So cute! I absolutely adore glabrata :love:

Wow, beautiful! Looks like you have a nice healthy little litter of great looking plants. Be interested in trading or something of that nature? I don't have much to trade... I'm just curious.

Whoa! Man, you guys are lucky, I can't seem to figure out Nep seeds.

Glabrata... what great species...

Update on my glabrata seedlings. 03/06/10
I repotted some.
PICS

showing some color and pitcher variation

glabrata.jpg

glabrata2-1.jpg

more pics

glabrata3-1.jpg

glabrata4-1.jpg

glabrata5-1.jpg

Peace,
Zero

spectacular seedlings man. BTW...thanks for the PM. I did get some seed from ebay...but no germination. :(

V,
These took about 2-4 months to germinate I think. Don't give up on them for a while.

Very nice, Zero. N. glabrata is a terrific species. Will be interesting to see what variations appear, as they mature. Good job.

So cute, good job!

Back