Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nep trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twotut:

How often are you watering? I had a couple ventricrosa's that curled their leaves when I was under watering them about a year ago. On the other side of the spectrum, too much watering will lead to root rot which you notice by leaves dying from the top down.

And how do leaves look? If they're developing redish/brown spots with a paler (more yellowish coloring) they may be getting too much light (another problem I had...). I would only say they weren't getting enough light if they weren't growing/developing pitchers.

I've had a lot of problems with Nepenthe's. It's what I get for growing by trial and error, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Ventricosa is about 2 yrs old and just finished blooming. My concern is the twisting of the leaves. I have the usual soil recommended, it's sitting next to a very large south facing window with one other ventricosa and a few others plants (orchids, violets and cactus). The soil is kept damp with a top dressing of LFS and I water it by flushing the pot with distilled water over my sink which I just started doing, for fear I was watering too much i.e. the twisted leaves. It sits on rocks from my driveway so it doesn't sit in water. So I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong? Right now, the weather is in the high 60's and we had rain last night. Any ideas? Maybe it's not warm enough?.....though my second ventricosa has no twisted leaves and it sits right beside it. And from day 1 it's been acclimated to our lower humidity(we use a swamp cooler when it gets hot) So that's it I can't think of any other info you might need. Here are some pictures that should give you an idea of the problem, if there is one, I'm facing. Your ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

I'M SO SORRY TO POST THIS TWICE.. just trying to figure out posting pictures. Is there a way to get the picture from my computer?

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you know what the ambient humidity is?
    -Josh
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe some pests. But I am not expert on this.

Quote Originally Posted by twotut View Post
    My Ventricosa is about 2 yrs old and just finished blooming. My concern is the twisting of the leaves. I have the usual soil recommended, it's sitting next to a very large south facing window with one other ventricosa and a few others plants (orchids, violets and cactus). The soil is kept damp with a top dressing of LFS and I water it by flushing the pot with distilled water over my sink which I just started doing, for fear I was watering too much i.e. the twisted leaves. It sits on rocks from my driveway so it doesn't sit in water. So I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong? Right now, the weather is in the high 60's and we had rain last night. Any ideas? Maybe it's not warm enough?.....though my second ventricosa has no twisted leaves and it sits right beside it. And from day 1 it's been acclimated to our lower humidity(we use a swamp cooler when it gets hot) So that's it I can't think of any other info you might need. Here are some pictures that should give you an idea of the problem, if there is one, I'm facing. Your ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

I'M SO SORRY TO POST THIS TWICE.. just trying to figure out posting pictures. Is there a way to get the picture from my computer?
    My Grow-List and Want-List
    If you know other unique plants that can walk, can talk, can sing, or can eat people, please tell me and I definitely want to get one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorta looks like its wilting from being kept too dry, or, just as much, it was kept too wet and the roots rotted and now it cant absorb as much water so it LOOKS like it is wilting. Low humidity would also do this.
    Last edited by UnstuckinTime; 09-10-2010 at 06:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you SeaQuest, now I know what to look for!! I've contacted Sarracenia Northwest, sent pictures and they told me that some of their neps do the same......but........I don't know, just doesn't feel right...
    I've just rechecked the plant and watered it so maybe I'll see some kind of change....
    thanks again!!

stay close, I know I'll need more help...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    twotut, if you read the forum rules, you would have known that mentioning vendor names within the US aside from Andy's (flytrapshop) is forbidden. please edit your post. thanks.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12