What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frozen solid neps.....

well not really but the windchill was -50 when i woke up so humor me a lil

an aristo hybrid
IMG_0978.jpg

eymae x veitchii
IMG_0977.jpg

izumae x TM
IMG_0976.jpg

lowii
IMG_0975.jpg

burb
IMG_0973.jpg

macro....something is off with the newest pitcher, isnt as ribbed as the last....
IMG_0971.jpg

'Peter D'Amato'
IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

Humor you...no problem.

Just convert that -50F over to Celcius and you'll have...let's see here...-45.5C

How's that, I bet you're feeling warmer already.

But we'll be sending some warmer weather your way. Should see temps closer to the plus side of C by the weekend.

At least you will, we are usually a few degrees cooler this side of the 49th.

Nice Neps btw.

closer to but i aint supposed to see the plus side of it anytime soon......

Well, we have a saying about the weather in Alberta...

If you don't like it, wait 20 minutes for it to change.

The nice thing about -40 is it makes -15 seem almost balmy.

ooh, you have a Peter D'Amato! How much did you have to pay for that?

lol heck i know you can work up a sweat shoveling snow at -35.....ive done it many times.....just wait, we usually hit -50 BEFORE windchill a few nights out of the winter, a night of -60 aint unheard of, had a couple nights of it 2 winters ago......you get funny looks from ppl passing through from warmer climates when they comment on it and yeah say we are waiting for it to warm up so it can snow :D the air dont hold much of any moisture when its that cold....

im out on the flats here with nothing between me and the arctic circle but a few hills but i spent a winter going to college up in the mountains where its warmer, nicest winter i ever went through, Butte is in a bowel with the only real opening to the south so there was rarely much for wind.....had a bunch of Saudi's going to school there for their petroleum engineering degrees.....those thin blooded boys thought i was insane walking around campus at 15-20*F above in just a t-shirt while they were bundled up in down parkas :D

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

ooh, you have a Peter D'Amato! How much did you have to pay for that?

nothing, another grower heard i was looking for it and offered it to me.....

Opened this up expecting the worst, so these pics are a good alternative. I really like the eymae x veitchii. How dark does your clone get?

thats about as dark as it gets, maybe slightly darker
here is one just opening
IMG_1023.jpg

awesome collection. gorgeous coloration on all varieties you got growing there!

All very beautiful and cute plants!I just like wide mouth!

Beautiful plants; that eymae x veitchii is making me drool.... Thanks for sharing.

well not really but the windchill was -50 when i woke up so humor me a lil
When I saw your heading, I immediately thought of this thread. Massive collection w/ large rare plants - mostly gone.... :0o:

that would be why i dont have a greenhouse.....if the neps freeze in my basement i got bigger problems than some dead plants......will likely also have 4 foot of water down there from burst pipes.....i like leaving town to much in winter or in the 100 degree heat of summer to want to worry bout a greenhouse or the like....

They all look really happy. Excellent job !

Butte is in a bowel with the only real opening to the south
:-))
I suppose that is why it is called Butte -- that is where the south opening of the bowel is usually located.
:-))

its called Butte, not Butt...pronounce the "u" like you.......a butte is a large flat topped hill.....in the case of Butte, this hill had a silver deposit on top when first discovered in the late 19th century....and bout the time electricity really took off it was discovered to also be one of the largest chunks of copper ore known......the ore in the hill was concentrated by geothermal activities gold at the top which had eroded away before Europeans, silver below that and copper and other minerals below that........

Back