What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacqui-Ohhh!!!

Okay, I must admit that all of your great pics earlier today have inspired me to post a few of my own.

After all who doesn't like Nep pics, right?

So with that said, here are some N. jacquelineae pics taken over the course of a year.

This first one was from December 2008

dvgjaq.jpg

These next few were from March 2009

IMG_0976-1.jpg

IMG_0982-1.jpg

IMG_0989-2.jpg

IMG_0991-1.jpg

IMG_1035-1.jpg

This next group was taken in July

IMG_1466-1.jpg

IMG_1492-1.jpg

A broader angle of the peristome
IMG_1490-1.jpg

And a thinner slice
IMG_1489-1.jpg

Here are a couple pics of an inflating pitcher taken last month in December

From the top

IMG_2052-1.jpg

IMG_2057-1.jpg

This shot of the opened pitcher was taken today

IMG_2147-1.jpg

And a shot again from a couple of days later

IMG_2195-1.jpg

And a few days later shot in sunlight

IMG_2447-1.jpg

This N. jacquelineae is a Wistuba clone. The pitcher shown above will in time darken to a deep burgundy red color and the peristome may still widen some more.

nice, one of my favorites......i have one, got it a month before your first photo.....its still pouting and i have yet to see a pitcher off it......i got a flava at the same time, happy as can be from day one.....im starting to like it better.....my macro has given me less problems.....

Yeah, N. jacq's don't need too much of an excuse to go on strike and refuse to cross that pitcher line.

2 years ago i ooooh'ed and aaahhh'ed over the macs and such.....now im impressed as hell if you can grow a jac and get it to pitcher consistently.....i want my jac to pitcher something bad....

AWESOME JOB. You grow this outdoors year round? What conditions do you put the plant through year round??

Thanks guys,

Ahhh, I only wish I could grow outside year round.

Those July pics were taken outside, because the color rendering is so much better when I can shoot outside in natural sunlight.

This plant, like the rest of my Neps is grown indoors under lights.

Beautiful. One of my favorite neps. Great color on that pitcher.

Good to hear I'm not the only one finding them to be incredibly fussy. My hamata and macrophylla are much, much less fussy then my jacq. Grows fast, but aborts pitchers if I just look at it wrong.

fantastic dvg!

I love progression pictures, keep up the good growing that's a wonderful clone.

Beautiful plant; thanks for sharing!

Flawless , how' d you do that . Makes me want one of these. to add to my very limited space.
Very nice pics thanks !
Nice pings. too im starting to love these guys as well what species are they , want them too gime, gime!

Thank you all for the kind words,

Jimmy, the mexipings are a variety of P. ehlersiae that I received from CZ Plants.

ahh man beautiful nepenthes (and pings) Just another post that makes me want to get one of those plants so bad. Can't wait for Jacqu hybrids.

What pings are growing in that pot?

Thanks Dexenthes,

It'll be interesting to see what the N. jacquelineae hybrids look like in the future and how well they will pass along their distinctive traits. N. hamata hasn't exactly passed on it's impressive peristome in any hybrids, thus far.

DavyJones, the pings growing in the pot all P. ehlersiae that I purchased from CZ Plants.

wow i havent seen one that large rattler. i wish i could see all of you plants in person.
thanks
adam

woah rattler thats hot !

Back