Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: commercially available Nepenthes edwardsiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dexenthes if I remember correctly, Wistuba does not post any payments until the plants actually ship to the US. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I have only ordered from them 3 times in the past and cannot remember. It has been over a year since I last ordered from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    Do you have to pay the price of the plant to get on the waiting list? It would only make sense.... If that's the case I may have to just forfeit and get one in a year or two when the price drops or I have more money again... I already bought myself a few expensive toys
    No you dont have to pay for the plant or any kinda entry fee before hand. When I got on the waiting list for an Eddy, he said for me to not pay any kind of money till his next batch of Edwardsiana's were ready for release.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case I just shot him an email. Because by the time they are ready I will definitely have enough money!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    Do you have to pay the price of the plant to get on the waiting list? It would only make sense.... If that's the case I may have to just forfeit and get one in a year or two when the price drops or I have more money again... I already bought myself a few expensive toys
    Good idea.

I usually wait till these super expensive neps drop in price after a couple years. Like N. mikei, N. izumea, N. macrophylla, N. glabrata, N. argentii -- the examples are endless - just wait a little while and you'll save yourself a lot of dough. And if you don't have ideal conditions, this makes even more sense because they probably won't grow much in the time you'ld be waiting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point Jeff. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun... but I'm itching to grow one of these bad dudes!
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    $30!? Our sushi Buffet is $7.99 a person but then maybe the salmonella sushi bar isn't the best after all... LOL

I've finally made "the Eddie list"!
    lol!! Sushi dinner buffet here is 22$ CDN (average) per person. The minimum is 17$ and it can be as expensive as 28$ as well. Lunch is 10-15$, but there are often fewer items available...and favourites such as Tempura shrimp are only available at dinner.

congrats on getting on the "eddie list". I can't seem to be resisting the temptation. I need to get on that list too. lol!! I wanted this plant for too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Since I'm only going to get absolute faves and interesting smaller species this time round instead of collecting every single Nep I can get my mitts on my price per plant can go up especially for a long-desired for centerpiece plant like this.

I asked him if there was different clones but he didn't say. I have to imagine there are a few, let's hope they're all at least orange or red and not yellow/green forms - what bummer that would be! LOL
    I remember your "Nepenthes Garden" web site- I think I have got the right guy!

bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep that was me, before the site crashed and I lost some 4 years of pics!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast