Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got new plants yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, I was going to say Dubia as well for #4. Is your Dubia seed grown or TC. I also was going to say the 3rd is IZ x x TM. Very nice plants you have there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are some nice looking plants that you received there, Thez yo.

I'd like to take a shot at your first pic there and I'm gonna guess that one is a N. burkei.

dvg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naw, it's just an old pitcher, frilleon. But the second I saw the Vent X TM go on sale I just had to have it cuz WOWee!

Hopefully I can keep most of the pitchers on these babies and get them to produce more, because the last batch of plants I got have mostly lost their pitchers. The baby truncata QoHXKoS still has all its pitchers and is making more (surprisingly easy plant to grow!), but the macro and jacq have lost all their pitchers, as has the flava . I think I agree with whoever said it that pitcher production is based on amount of light *more* than humidity and temps. I have plants sitting in different windows, in completely the same conditions except the ones that are getting 2-3 hours more direct sunshine (east window vs the other is west) - they are making big pitchers on every leaf where the others are just growing leaves with fuzzy tendrils. Hopefully I have everything making pitchers by the time summer rolls around because they will all be at atleast 6 hours direct San Diego sun (through a glass window, of course). Clearly I need to move to where I have better windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey thez, nice plants you got there..
    i never realized you were in san diego, i have a sister and grandparents out in the chula vista/bonita area...my sister owns a bar in chula vista actually, called Wild Wooly's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    Frilleon: sorry, amphirion got it right, dubia!

And the 2nd is ventricosa X TM how'd you guess that so well too? You can't really see the spots that well without the flash of the camera, but it is strange considering its parents shouldn't have too many spots at all unless it's Vent with extra spots or something...hmm....

Anyone on the first plant?

fawning over those plants does help. lucky guessing as well. i plan on obtaining 2 dubia in the near future, and the seed grown pics resembled what you have. as for the ventricosa x TM, the permistone is a dead giveaway--i think it's one of a kind!

as for the last one, i'll agree with dvg as well and call it a burkei.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, nope - the first one is actually N.sibuyanensis X copelandii. After looking at that pitcher shape again and I can see why you guys thought that though (sorry I didn't see your post before dvg...I think we simul-posted). I can't wait to see if the little burkei that I do have actually turns out to be a real burkei because I love the intermediates/uppers on that baby. All those spots, yum!

SirKristoff: cool!

And the dubia: yup, seed grown.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12