What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got new plants yesterday

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
I just got a bunch of new plants yesterday...here are a few pictures of some of them. They look a little darker than they actually are because I took the pictures with a flash right as the sun was getting up this morning. You get to guess what they are (unless you're the one who sent them to me hehe) :-D.

(hint, they're named at the photo hoster site if you can't guess)

P3030099.jpg

P3030098.jpg

P3030097.jpg

P3030096.jpg

3rd is IZ x x TM
very nice selection you picked.

Right on, Zero!

Thanks guys - I love them too! (the first was a freebie, but it still rocks my world!)

4th is inermis x bongso. One of my fav plants! It gets so dark. I would love to know what #2 is!?

huh, i was going to say 4 was an immature dubia. and 2 looks like a ventricosa x TM but that speckling makes me think there's maxima in there as well.

Frilleon: sorry, amphirion got it right, dubia!

And the 2nd is ventricosa X TM :-O how'd you guess that so well too? You can't really see the spots that well without the flash of the camera, but it is strange considering its parents shouldn't have too many spots at all unless it's Vent with extra spots or something...hmm....

Anyone on the first plant?

WOW! my inermis x bongso looks almost the same! The pitchers look exactly like that when they are young. They quickly change to a much darker color. I thought the pitcher on the laft was just turning! Either way very nice! Nice catch amp! the vent x TM peristome is so flared! I like it.

LOL, I was going to say Dubia as well for #4. Is your Dubia seed grown or TC. I also was going to say the 3rd is IZ x x TM. Very nice plants you have there.

Those are some nice looking plants that you received there, Thez yo.

I'd like to take a shot at your first pic there and I'm gonna guess that one is a N. burkei.

dvg

Naw, it's just an old pitcher, frilleon. But the second I saw the Vent X TM go on sale I just had to have it cuz WOWee!

Hopefully I can keep most of the pitchers on these babies and get them to produce more, because the last batch of plants I got have mostly lost their pitchers. The baby truncata QoHXKoS still has all its pitchers and is making more (surprisingly easy plant to grow!), but the macro and jacq have lost all their pitchers, as has the flava :-(. I think I agree with whoever said it that pitcher production is based on amount of light *more* than humidity and temps. I have plants sitting in different windows, in completely the same conditions except the ones that are getting 2-3 hours more direct sunshine (east window vs the other is west) - they are making big pitchers on every leaf where the others are just growing leaves with fuzzy tendrils. Hopefully I have everything making pitchers by the time summer rolls around because they will all be at atleast 6 hours direct San Diego sun (through a glass window, of course). Clearly I need to move to where I have better windows.

hey thez, nice plants you got there..
i never realized you were in san diego, i have a sister and grandparents out in the chula vista/bonita area...my sister owns a bar in chula vista actually, called Wild Wooly's.

Frilleon: sorry, amphirion got it right, dubia!

And the 2nd is ventricosa X TM :-O how'd you guess that so well too? You can't really see the spots that well without the flash of the camera, but it is strange considering its parents shouldn't have too many spots at all unless it's Vent with extra spots or something...hmm....

Anyone on the first plant?

fawning over those plants does help. lucky guessing as well. i plan on obtaining 2 dubia in the near future, and the seed grown pics resembled what you have. as for the ventricosa x TM, the permistone is a dead giveaway--i think it's one of a kind!

as for the last one, i'll agree with dvg as well and call it a burkei.

Ah, nope - the first one is actually N.sibuyanensis X copelandii. After looking at that pitcher shape again and I can see why you guys thought that though (sorry I didn't see your post before dvg...I think we simul-posted). I can't wait to see if the little burkei that I do have actually turns out to be a real burkei because I love the intermediates/uppers on that baby. All those spots, yum!

SirKristoff: cool!

And the dubia: yup, seed grown.

Back