Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool! N. 'miranda' is a beaut.

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And gets HUGE! I perfect candidate for somebody not growing in a greenhouse or grow chamber. If the local garden center can keep mirandas alive, I think anybody can!
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I grow all my neps in a freaking closet with CFL's. The x Miranda is the gigantic thing in the 8" pot with pitchers the length of my hand. It's about a year old from a 4" potted starter.

I started a Maxsea regimen about 3 weeks ago. Waiting on results... So far the Sanguinea suffering from a poor rooting procedure and it's first winter is actually growing for once! The Spectibilis should have grown a lot better but shipping uprooted it and stripped it bare actually so hopefully it makes it =(. Maxsea should have some growth hormones in it hopefully. Everything in square pots are new. The ventricosa is out of sight, but it has 2 basals on it.
    Last edited by adnedarn; 03-30-2010 at 06:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

I grow all my neps in a freaking closet with CFL's. The x Miranda is the gigantic thing in the 8" pot with pitchers the length of my hand. It's about a year old from a 4" potted starter.

I started a Maxsea regimen about 3 weeks ago. Waiting on results... So far the Sanguinea suffering from a poor rooting procedure and it's first winter is actually growing for once! The Spectibilis should have grown a lot better but shipping uprooted it and stripped it bare actually so hopefully it makes it =(. Maxsea should have some growth hormones in it hopefully. Everything in square pots are new. The ventricosa is out of sight, but it has 2 basals on it.
    I just got a huge specimen nearly 2ft across and with 2 growth points, but it appears to have been grown in low light and is green.

What temps and humidity are you keeping your's at?
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say about 70's in the day, 50's at night. They grow at room tempurature with the tempurature drop at night. Sometimes I leave the window open, sometimes I don't. I feel the more obvious the drop in tempurature is, the faster they grow. Thats why I stopped running my lights at night while I sleep a week ago.

A green one isnt necessarily an unhealthy one. Mine is just bombed with light is all. Some people run 1k lumens on a 4' tube. I do 10k from three spiral bulbs within 2 sq. feet 6 inches above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you grow it like a highlander....interesting. Mine has some twisted leaves and no pitchers, but I get the impression that it didn't like it's former growing enviroment that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    So you grow it like a highlander....interesting. Mine has some twisted leaves and no pitchers, but I get the impression that it didn't like it's former growing enviroment that much.
    Spring is starting and most people are getting their first pitchers of the season anyways. What kind of water do you give it? I treat x Miranda like a cactus and I dont water it for like 2 weeks sometimes and it still manages as long as it get it's light.

I actually have found that lowland/highland plants do fine in the same conditions for me oddly enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
    Spring is starting and most people are getting their first pitchers of the season anyways. What kind of water do you give it? I treat x Miranda like a cactus and I dont water it for like 2 weeks sometimes and it still manages as long as it get it's light.

I actually have found that lowland/highland plants do fine in the same conditions for me oddly enough.
    I give it rain water and I water it every few days, (the soil is pine mulch, charcoal, peat, and lava rock) but I'm putting it outside under a tree during the nice weather we are having now. I't's breezy and about 37% humidity ouitside, so now I'm watering it every day.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast