Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N. ephip-pi-ippi-ippi-ata

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a charming species! I've always had a crush on that plant, and your pics didn't help
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful, well grown plant! Thanks for sharing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the positive feedback. It is very much appreciated.

Brokken, thanks for the heads up with regards to the sedge grass. I think the seeds of it are already in the Chilean sphagnum I'm using. It is invasive and sends it's roots right out of the bottom of the pot. I'll have to spend some more time pulling it up.

RL7836 and Manzano167, I'll try to answer both of your questions here.

When I first got this eppie, I just grew it under lights in my basement and didn't try to give it much of a night time temperature drop. This plant's previous owner had sprayed it with something to get rid of some small pests. So with it recovering from that, and being repotted by me, plus going through an adjustment period to it's new conditions, all of that could have accounted for it's slower first year of growth.

After I started giving it cooler nights and began the Dave Evan's coffee treatment regimen, it started growing larger and faster for me.

Though it hasn't been too finicky, it does grow slowly, but steadily in my conditions.

It is grown under T8 6500k fluorescent bulbs.
    Daytime temps are 20C and nightime temps are about 8C this time of year.
    I don't have a gauge to measure humidity, but I'd say humidity is fairly low during the day and quite high at night.

regards,

Doug
    dvg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great plants, both of you. I think this is such an under-appreciated species. Cannot wait until mine starts to put on some size like yours. Mine grows moderately, actually faster than I had expected. Much faster than my lowii.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a spectacular plant! Cudos!
    "The grass withers, the flower fades. But the word of our God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8)

My Grow List Updated Oct 22/2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you tell us how often you use the coffee treatment? Is is just once every 6 months, as Dave Evans used to say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys.

Mikulas, to be safe you could do it once every six months.

I now judge by the leaves of the plant how often to do it.

If I notice that the leaves are starting to turn a duller, lighter green or even slightly yellowish color, I'll give the plant another treatment.

I'd say coffee could be given to the plant more frequently than once every six months, but if you limit it to once every six months, you won't run into any problems with that frequency of usage.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123