Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: impatient

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

impatient

i was just wondering if anybody else gets impatient with their neps when forming a pitcher. iam have this with a lot of my neps right now. most of these dont have other pitchers for one reason or another.
    jambans( 3 of them)
    jaquelineae
    glabrata
    truncata(possibly dark or black)
    tuncataXmerrilliana
    sibuyanensis x hamata
    N. maxima x talangensis
    please tell me its not just me thats is impatient with their neps.
    thanks
    adam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty annoying waiting for pitchers, but I always seem to have something else pitchering while I wait for certain plants and that makes up for it. All and all, I have never been completely without pitchers and have never had "pitcher withdrawl"
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my jamban started recently taking off a couple of weeks ago. just finished inflating one--two more are in the works....

i bought this plant way back in november. give it a couple of months to adjust itself--it's pretty hardy after that!

glabrata hasnt really pitchered for me yet. i believe that it is because of the awkward phase where it's too tall to produce lowers but too short to produce uppers. im sure when it gets itself straightened out it'll do fine. the tendrils havent turned black so that's a good sign.

talangensis is a total pain...:P
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose we've all been anxious at one time or another when waiting for something to open up a pitcher, but it certainly wont help stressing about it! That's all part of the Nepenthes hobby. You sit around and provide complex conditions for a plant that very slowly produces something beautiful. Kind of a Zen sort of thing, In my opinion. That being said I can't wait for my spectabilis x talangensis to get situated and start pitchering :P
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha ya I hear ya. That's when it's nice to have a bunch, then something is going on with others while you wait.

Hear the Call of Nepenthes carnivoure12's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patience is a virtue especially with nepenthes. Mine didn't really pitcher in the winter, but now they making big colourful pitchers.

My hamata took 5 months to begin pithering, but it's worth it. If you have them in propoer conditions, the last thing you need id to wait more... and eventually they'll surprise you!
    -Carnivoure12
    →Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a n. gracilis that hasn't pitchered for 7 years. My other nepenthes pitcher, but not the gracilis. Go figure.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades. But the word of our God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8)

My Grow List Updated Oct 22/2010.