What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new nep help

so i have a few species indoors at the moments(still pretty cold outside)they arent neps....though thats what im asking about. Nj's summer get around 95 tops and low 80's ussally. Can i keep neps outside. I really only has access to (partial sun) I have several trees blocking the first 4 good hours of light. So anyway i read that enamye(i cant spell), trucanta, and ventricosa are the best begginers for my situation....is this right? Also i was going to get my new neps and some other plants at this forums auction on aprill 11th...but just incase that doesnt work out....can somebody pm a relable website...or evern recomend yourself or someone on the forums for a sell? Also is half spagnum a little perlite and orchid bark the best media...or should i prepare something else???

and sorry its so long...but will these neps grow okay in a terrarium with 3 compact florecents and two 30 watt 6500k tubes about 6 inches away from them??? is is that not enough light.

Any replies will be appreciated...and sorry its so damn long.

I tried growing outside in conditions similar to yours. Some plants did great and some did ok. But, I've gotten more consistent results under lights. From my own experience truncata would react to the really hot temperatures, over 100, by making smaller wrinkled leaves. Eymae did fine though.

is that enough light? Cause i could keep them in there year round..the terarium that is. I do however want one or two outside for my own pleasure. Thanks for the tip.

I have found that N.maxima and N.sanguinea do pretty well outside, but the saguinea needs tons of light so it might not pitcher in the winter indoors unless you put it under lights.

Back