What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PICS: Today's nep's

Just got a bundle of packages in today from thez_yo. She sent a bunch of goodies!! Everything was so green and healthy, I thought I'd snap some pics of the neps for starters.

N. burbidgeae

100_2822.jpg

N. spectabilis #2

100_2829.jpg

N. sanguinea 'orange'

100_2823.jpg

N. inermis

100_2819.jpg

N. ventricosa #2

100_2812.jpg

100_2813.jpg

Doesn't it look like the pitcher on the far right is sticking out it's tongue?

100_2814.jpg

Wow! How long have you been in the hobby? lol

you'll know your burbie's happy if it produces red leaves, similar to the coloration to your spec. your inermis looks likes it'll need a ton of tlc before it starts pitchering. the other plants are looking good!

Wow! How long have you been in the hobby? lol

3 whole weeks.. These are the one's I've got now. Going to be adding more to the list on Wed. and Thurs..

Nepenthes
N. albomarginata "Green" (Brunei)
N. albomarginata "Spotted" (Penang)
N. ampullaria x bicalarata
N. burbidgeae
N. gracilis
N. inermis
N. mikei
N. mirabilis x tobaica
N. sanguinea 'orange'
N. species 'unknown'
N. splendiana x (rokko x stenophylla)
N. splendiana x hookeriana
N. spectabilis 'North Sumatra'
N. spectabilis
N. thorelii "King Tiger"
N. ventricosa
N. x ventrata #1
N. x ventrata #2

ventricosa is a species. ventrata is a hybrid. :p

Those are all looking really good and Healthy. They will be awesome when fully mature.

Got one hell of a grow list going now.. Going to be even bigger at the end of the week. I need help, I'm outta control!! I found a guy in town that is getting out of Neps. He's giving me his big plants and a 20' x 24' greenhouse!

Got one hell of a grow list going now.. Going to be even bigger at the end of the week. I need help, I'm outta control!! I found a guy in town that is getting out of Neps. He's giving me his big plants and a 20' x 24' greenhouse!

Ah. Thats gonna be sweet. I received my Cloning gel today. Clonex (250) ml bottle. I'm gonna start your hummers giant cuttings here soon. Did my Envelope to you arrive yet?

No.. IT"S STILL NOT HERE! Oh, and I got 2 Hummer's leaf cuttings, 2 ceph leaf cuttings, and a reg. ceph. Can't wait to get a real bad boy Ceph in the house!!

Dang, that's cool. Jsut giving them to you?

Wow mass, wish I had your luck when I was just starting out!

Wow mass, wish I had your luck when I was just starting out!

I know, it's crazy! I'm going to have a giant greenhouse and 50+ plants 5 months before I'm even able to enter in the Pitcher of the Month contest. :-D

I know, it's crazy! I'm going to have a giant greenhouse and 50+ plants 5 months before I'm even able to enter in the Pitcher of the Month contest. :-D

How did you manage to get a greenhouse free???? :confused:

A guy in town here is getting out of Neps and into orchids. So he got himself a giant econ--o greenhouse and needs to get rid of his 20' x 24'. It's just laying in his yard in pieces right now. He offered it to my buddy for free, but his parents wouldn't let him get it. So take one good guess who jumped on the offer!!

A guy in town here is getting out of Neps and into orchids. So he got himself a giant econ--o greenhouse and needs to get rid of his 20' x 24'. It's just laying in his yard in pieces right now. He offered it to my buddy for free, but his parents wouldn't let him get it. So take one good guess who jumped on the offer!!

Are you going to heat it in the winter?

Back