Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mid-March Pitchers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Groovy Neps! Is that an Andromischus getting ready to bloom in the first pic on the left (round teardrop shaped leaves)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi There:

nice plants indeed. i wanted to ask you a question. The plant labelled khasiana, where did you get it from?
    It looks different from the regular khasiana.

Cheers,

Gus

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love your kampotiana!

So when are you going to share those seedlings?
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking great!
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All, again, thanks for all your kind words! It really means a lot to me coming from such an accomplished group of growers.

Mr pc – I have a couple of old fish tanks that I use as terrariums to maintain high humidity for starting cuttings. As for my seedlings, I germinate them in covered containers and slowly harden them up. I have several covers for standard nursery flats, but any covered container will work. I find deli containers with a clear plastic lid work very well.

Swords – I do not know the name of the plant next to the bicalcarata. I bought it labeled as string of pearls…

Gus – I mislabeled this plant. It is actually, khasiana x alata that I received from a grower in Flordia.

Clue – The ident of the kampotiana is in question. A couple of folks on other forums do not believe this is the true Kampotiana; however, that is what I purchase it as and the seller is sticking to his guns… I think it is a beautiful plant and as an additional bonus it is female. I just germinated my first two sets of home grown nep seeds, which is a pretty good feeling I must say. As for sharing the seedlings, I plan to grow them out a bit more so they can better withstand shipping and them put most of them up for trade…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=ellisonk001;963115]
    Mr pc I have a couple of old fish tanks that I use as terrariums to maintain high humidity for starting cuttings. As for my seedlings, I germinate them in covered containers and slowly harden them up. I have several covers for standard nursery flats, but any covered container will work. I find deli containers with a clear plastic lid work very well.

[/ QUOTE]

containers you use for the seedling, are those on high, in the eighth picture? I would try you could give me some more information?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mr pc - Yes the plastic containers in the upper left corner of the 8th picther are deli containers used for seed germination. I have also been known to use pie and cookie containers, etc... I poke a couple holes in the bottem for drainage, fill them with a damp sand and peat mixture and keep them covered for at least the first six to nine months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ellisonk001 View Post
    mr pc - Yes the plastic containers in the upper left corner of the 8th picther are deli containers used for seed germination. I have also been known to use pie and cookie containers, etc... I poke a couple holes in the bottem for drainage, fill them with a damp sand and peat mixture and keep them covered for at least the first six to nine months.
    Thank you very much! Now try containers similar to those ..can I use sphagnum as a substrate surface, and under a layer of peat-bark?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast