Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THEE truncata thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That QoH x KoS is looking good there Yann. Is that the newest pitcher? My other one is starting to pick up speed now that i moved it to a warmer spot. I think it didn't like being so close to the window all winter long.

Wrong thread to ask in, but are you still growing your bical in lower humidity? I need to move mine soon. It will be a 12 inch plant in the next leaf or so and will soon outgrow the 10 gal aquarium. Either that or put it up for auction at the NASC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Damon, that is the latest pitcher to open up and colored up. It's inflating another one right now; coming from such great care it's no wonder it didn't skip a beat!
    The bical is still in lower RH ~50% but it's been acting funny. It may be trying to flower but I'm not sure. It it's because it threw out 3 basal simultaneously. I've considering putting mine up in the auction as well; it'll grow in lower RH but the leaves and pitchers just don't last that long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. It helps that it seems to be a very hardy species. It took the intermediate/highland conditions like a champ.

That gives me some ideas about the bical. I have a humidifier that I no longer use. I think I'll fire it back up and place it in an empty rack with new lighting for a lowland area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow French! That leaf is unbelievably huge! I wonder how big the pitcher will be...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devon.B View Post
    wow French! That leaf is unbelievably huge! I wonder how big the pitcher will be...
    It just finished unfurling a week or two ago so it'll be some months before there's a full size pitcher on the end of it haha but I'll try to remember and post a shot of it here when it does open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grrr --

As I allowed myself to dip my toes into the waters of Nepenthes ownership a few years ago, I've found that some of the supposedly 'tough-to-grow' species are fairly easy, some of the difficult species are truly quite finicky and also that some easy species can be quite tough.

I got a QoH x KoS when they came out and it grow very well for me. So well that I felt it needed a larger pot. It hasn't pitchered since.

Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    My other one is starting to pick up speed now that i moved it to a warmer spot. I think it didn't like being so close to the window all winter long.
    When it went into a bigger pot, I had to move it into the basement. It's in the same tank as a N. jamban & N. aristolochioides - who are both happily growing like weeds with the cool winter basement temps. I'm suspecting that when these two start to pout, the N. truncata will start to be more happy - at least I hope so ....

Welcome back Bella - good to see you on the forum! Really nice plant you've shared - I like the uneven outside edges of the peristome - very cool...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post

I got a QoH x KoS when they came out and it grow very well for me. So well that I felt it needed a larger pot. It hasn't pitchered since.

When it went into a bigger pot, I had to move it into the basement. It's in the same tank as a N. jamban & N. aristolochioides - who are both happily growing like weeds with the cool winter basement temps. I'm suspecting that when these two start to pout, the N. truncata will start to be more happy - at least I hope so ....
    I've grown all my truncatas under "LL" conditions, including the Pasian highland form. All seem to be quite adaptable but really hate sitting in water... Not to mention they're also slow as molasses when compared to other more common Neps.
    If it's any condolence Ron I lost my first QoH x KoS due to a mite attack while I was away last summer. I took care of the little buggers when I returned and nursed the plant for ~6 months but to no avail...

Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    Welcome back Bella - good to see you on the forum! Really nice plant you've shared - I like the uneven outside edges of the peristome - very cool...
    I'm afraid Bella is still likely dealing with life priorities atm... his post is back from April of last year : /

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cow, when that thing pitchers you'll have to find small animal for it. What kind of feed are you using ?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast