What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite nep of all time?

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
What is your favorite nep of all time?

It can be a species or a hybrid, in the hobby or not in the hobby.

I'd have to say that my favorite nep of all time would be the BE "Queen of hearts" truncata. I am mismerized every time I see it, if I owned it I would probably just stare at it all day and sleep next to it at night. :-))

Edwardsiana.

Hey, someone was bound to say it sooner or later ;)

Hard to choose one...

I Love N. Jacquelineae, perhaps my most favourite out of the favourites which include Jamban, Klossi, Edwardsiana of course, villosa, inermis, and flava.

oh and I'mma let you finish, but N. Jacquelineae had the best pitchers of all time, of all time.

The "grail" for me was always Nepenthes villosa. I remember seeing it as a kid overseas and never thought I'd ever be growing it; having said that, N. ephippiata, N. lowii, N. truncata (Pasian), N. hamata, N. aristolochioides, N. jamban, N. hamata, N. macrophylla, and N. edwardsiana round up the top ten . . .

CLIPEATA!!!!1!!!!!11 ;)

In my opinion, it's just a splendid plant in every way, no doubts at all.

N. Ampullaria Bau Green FTW!!!

how could you not say edwardisiana? red toothy lips, slender, curves in all the right places, a red body---almost like the nep version of jessica rabbit.

Candy striped Veitchii!!!!! Or Lowii x Truncata!

Gracillis. It is has been more loyal to me than I was to it. But if I had to judge one on appearances alone, my nomination goes to N. glabrata, with its tastefully delicate pitchers.

Anybody else like Amp's?

thorelii x aristolochioides

i have to say edwardsiana for the cliche answer
but my all time favorite nep, is right there with Nate,
the candy striped N. veitchii....
god i hope my seeds germinate LOL

Hmm I'd have to add veitchii to my list now that I think of it.

I used to love Hamata!!!! But then I found how amazing N.Truncata is and I dumped Hamata for Truncata :( Sorry Hamata its just Truncata is so much better for me :D

edwardsiana, villosa, klossii and rajah. The top four.

Campanulata, Izumiae,ovata..........................

Truncata 'Queen of Hearts' would also be my favorite. It's jaw dropping.

N. lowii(hybrids), n. inermis, N. truncata(hybrids), N. campanulata(hybrids), N. rajah, N. lowii x truncata, too hard to pick one

Back