What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little Shiny Black Specks

on the n.ventricosa i just got, not sure what it is tho, help?

Pitcher

10poeh0.jpg

same pitcher just closer up

33mr8k1.jpg

leaf

aykeg6.jpg

another 2 pitchers

jfdbiu.jpg

33kfxib.jpg

are those on inside of pitcher? looks kinda like either small snails or droppings of thrips. not sure. :(

they are all on the outside, thrips?

The bigger pictures aren't very clear. I think they look like new-hatched snails.

they are all on the outside, thrips?

Thrips have wings. Whatever they are, spray with some Bayer 3-in-1. It'll repel the fungus that grows on damaged tissue and it'll kill whatever those things are.

Make sure you spray out in the open though, you get kinda light headed if you spray indoors in an enclosed environment.

ALWAYS quarantine your new plants!
Even when they look good, it is always wise to quarantine them when you first get them.
Also, it is not how BIG a picture is that counts, it is how clear and focused it is!

I am sure your bug can be identified, if you can provide better pictures.

For now, quarantine and spray with what has already been recommended on TF (run a search on bug/fungus sprays/insecticides, etc. to get TONS of info on what to use.)

Good luck.

If you purchased these, please PM me to let me know who to be careful of!
NOT a good sign from a vendor!

Yea sorry about that guys i did this in a hurry my mom sent me the pictures (i am out of town) and i just posted them up. i looked a little closer and i think they are ants to be honest. i wont be able to see in person for another 2 days or so so...we'll see. can i just cut off the pitchers/leaves that arent doing too hot?

Looks like the pitcher just threw up it contents. I don't think it is a pest.

Fly turds

Back