What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month May 2010

Rules are simple,
1.Photo must have been taken this month, no pitcher age limit
2.Plant must have been in owners possession for at least 6 months prior to entry
3.Plant must be clearly labeled in the owners entry
4.If more than one pitcher is in the photo, it must be clarified as to which is being entered into the contest.
5.Photo updates of pitchers are fine, and more than one photo is welcome, however the photo must be of the same pitcher, no other.
6.Winners may NOT enter the SAME pitcher again after winning, another pitcher on the same plant is fine but NOT the same pitcher

Contest will be closed on Midnight of May 31st, PST.
Good luck and lets see more of those beauties ;)

N.ovata.....

Novata.jpg

:eek:

I'm going to go throw out all of my plants now. That is THE most beautiful pitcher I have ever seen. And here I thought I'd actually enter something this month...

Wow, truncata x aristolochiodies, now that is a Nepenthes with an identity crisis. What a crazy plant!

What size is that ovata pitcher? Just curious as to scale.

Beautful pitcher! I love the lime green with candy stripes. It would make the most beatful cross with a LL truncata of the same color scheme!

Mike, if you could please start copying the proper link to the image, im sure many of the people would appreciate it....of the 4 link options, it is the bottom one that says IMG Code next to the box...
Here, i will fix it for you this time...
f-32.jpg

e-35.jpg

d-40.jpg

What size is that ovata pitcher? Just curious as to scale.

Beautful pitcher! I love the lime green with candy stripes. It would make the most beatful cross with a LL truncata of the same color scheme!

The pitcher is about 7in tall from the bottom to the lid attachment point.

Here's my entry;

A splendid male N. x Mixta it is Victorian Royalty in my opinion atleast, as it's parents were crossed (Northiana x maxima) and chosen for it's beauty. The Original Victorian hybrid is male, so who knows if mine really has royal blood, this is it's first pitcher since august 2009, so that accounts for the few deformities which I don't think are Major, well except the lid.

My Mixta Is rather hard to photograph because how its positioned in my room but I tried.

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02343.jpg

DSC02344.jpg

DSC02342.jpg

Very nice Carni, I love it! :clap:

I was noticing the "alien antanae" (spelling?) myself, crazy!

Here is my pitcher from the darkside (at least when it grows up.)
My N. Muluensis x Lowii
dsci04902.jpg

dsci0489.jpg

dsci0487.jpg

dsci0486.jpg

It just opened a couple of days ago, and I will be putting updates as it matures.

My entry...
Humble N. spectabilis 'North Sumatra'
SpringCPs004.jpg

Well this will be my first entry, I believe.

N. Rafflesiana
P5090320.jpg

P5090319.jpg

P5090318.jpg

P5090317.jpg

P5090316.jpg

P5090315.jpg

I call it Spotty McGee ;)

Here's a very underrated species in my opinion:

N. petiolata

P1100119.jpg

P1100120.jpg