What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edward Hit Ebay!

Are we sure it's a edwardsiana?
I'm skeptic

The leaves look wierd...

It's a scam i tell you.

Yea,
I thought so too, but I don't have one to compare it to!

It should be interesting, but it is an import,
so US bidding may be hampered.

Fake.

Thats some Type of N. Mirabilis, or perhaps albomarginata you can tell by the leaf structure. You can see the leaf 'hugs' the stem in edwardsiana it does not. It's supposed to be petiolate at the base.

Compare this actualy eddy where the leaf structure is clear

edwardsiana_small.jpg

to that of N. Mrabilis which very common among Thailand growers.
PICT2336-1.jpg

where are the morphology papers when you need them!?

i dont see a clear depiction of the leaves unfortunately. the picture would have had to be taken from the top of the plant.

*edit* JUST KIDDING I SEE YOUR POINT NOW.

It's amazing that so many people will bid on a rare plant from a guy with zero feedback and incredibly horrible grammar...

Just judging from the leaf shape, I don't think that it's Nepenthes edwardsiana either (having seen a few over the years); its leaves, while somewhat variable, should be far closer in shape to that of N. macrophylla, which had been considered a sub-species of N. edwardsiana until a decade ago.

I dropped the seller a note, asking about the plant's origins and whether or not he or she was sure of its ID, based upon that dodgy leaf shape. I haven't heard back and am also still waiting for all of those millions from Nigeria that are due me . . .

I feel bad for the people who bid on it. I mean look at the seller, 0 feedback.

Looks like a mirabilis or something (and a poorly kept one at that).

You can be 99.999% sure it's not edwardsiana and even more sure that it won't come with proper paperwork no matter what it is.

c12 where did you get a pic like that of edwardsiana?

Yea it screams "scam!" Looks like a lowlander to me also. Zero feedback, pic of plant with no pitchers, fairly sized plant meaning it was poached or he, had it a while (unlikely)... yea people don,t know what they getting into on this auction.

I contacted the seller and this was his response:

"Hi got seedling from Malaysia 2 year ago in plant list is i buy N.edwardsiana and i dont know why i can sell in other nepenthes ? i sure this realible nursery in Malay . . ."

I certainly hope that this clears everything up . . .

Ah the poor fools who bid it up to $102.50.

"Hi got seedling from Malaysia 2 year ago in plant list is i buy N.edwardsiana and i dont know why i can sell in other nepenthes ? i sure this realible nursery in Malay . . ."

LOL. BigBella, this post made my day...

And the winning bid was $202.50 US...not too bad, Neps have gone for more.

Maybe in time the winning bidder will be able to laugh about how the expensive Nep they had bought on eBay was supposed to be an eddie. Let's hope.

dvg

Hmm must be legit. I mean, he got it from a plant list! :-D

Plus, it didn't pitcher for him in 2 years?! Yeah right.

Back