What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

black N. truncata Q and K how big are your pitchers

That's called Little Lid Syndrome. It can affect all Neps, not just QoHxKoS

is it temporary? or permanent

a little clarification: the little lid will REMAIN little on the pitcher. however, later pitchers will have proportionate lids, provided they've adapted to your conditions.

if it keeps that color you have a gem i love it i hope mine turn out that good

if it keeps that color you have a gem i love it i hope mine turn out that good
Looking at the parents, there shouldn't be an issue with the color .....

Congrats to all on the great plants! Mine was doing very well so I gave it a larger pot and moved it to a new tank ..... now not so hot. The new leaves have not pitchered and it doesn't look so happy ...:headwall:

Looking at the parents, there shouldn't be an issue with the color .....

Congrats to all on the great plants! Mine was doing very well so I gave it a larger pot and moved it to a new tank ..... now not so hot. The new leaves have not pitchered and it doesn't look so happy ...:headwall:

I've had the same problem - pitcher it was working on when I transplanted turned out a little mutilated looking, but the new leaf is bigger because I coffeed but no sign of a pitcher yet.

Mine was getting chlorosis for some reason, I think it was being kept too wet and too warm so I repotted it and put it in my HL chamber....it doesn't look good...but at least it doesn't look any worse.

Everyone's plants are great!
I wish I could get one... out of my budget though.

Ok its bee a couple months , since i coffee treated my q k N. truncata, its slow at inflating the pitchers , but is now starting to make some very nice leaves and the arms are reaching out from the pot, this new leave is slow but i think and hope it will produce a nice pitcher , it is in a bit lower light than many months back, so Im hoping to have the right conditions now, and I think the coffee as usual has put a charge into this nep,and even though my photo period is now about 9 hours a day it doesn't seem to be slowing its growth rate any more.
IMG_3898.jpg
IMG_3901.jpg
IMG_3900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the pitcher took forever but here it is about to ope , think its is going to be over 4" when fully opened and inflated
, can't wait to see the peristome, on this one .
IMG_3984.jpg

wow that's got some great size to it. My plant that I got from the first batch released is maybe 2 inches across, grows slow as molasses, standard highland conditions.

Awesome pics. You're plant looks really good. Post a pic when it opens :).

wow that's got some great size to it. My plant that I got from the first batch released is maybe 2 inches across, grows slow as molasses, standard highland conditions.
Mine was growing great - so good that I felt it needed a larger pot. I transplanted it from a 2.5" round pot into a 4" square pot. Although it continues to put out leaves, it hasn't pitchered again since ....??? :down: :help: :mad: :cry: :thumbdown: :rant: :censor:

It should perk up Ron. As long as its growing, it should be fine. Mine is in a lfs/bark mix and the moss is almost always wet. But it is in one of those strawberry baskets from the grocery store and that means it is never water logged. Just wet. I am waiting for the pitchers to darken...but this is how the pitchers on the two plants are:

5358394725_12ce965d09_z.jpg

5358394593_50f5fceeb7_z.jpg

ok this is this morning, its opening up more, but im not sure now that it will make the 4" mark but will definitely be over 3 and 1/2, with the lid. I'll post one more picture of this pitcher in a week or so after it matures fully.
IMG_3989.jpg
IMG_3986.jpg

A thing of BEAUTY!
I hope to feel confident enough in the future to make such purchases. Very nice job!

Mine are SO much smaller than everyone else's lol. The new leaves after I got it became reallllly small, I'm assuming because of the humidty change. It has just recently started pumping out itty bitty pitchers. So small I'm not even going to bother measuring lol, easily smaller than my pinky fingernail.

Back