What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Nep for Nar

NaRnAr

Ive got Crabs!
Found this one about 4 weeks ago at my favorite nursery....I havent had one since I moved a couple years ago! Its been happily growning since i got it :)

Its probably just a common one but I was happy to see it...and bring it home...none-the-less!

...perhaps ventrata? Im so bad with the IDs
DSC06447.jpg

Some of the pitchers...best i can tell there are 3-4 plants in this container. THe small pitcher is no bigger than a dime.

DSC06449.jpg

DSC06448.jpg

Thought I would share my excitement!....just happy I finally found one haha! :D

Nice.
Looks like 'Ventrata'

Exo, nep pitcher tend to have hairs on the lid when they're that small, and loose them as they get older.

looks kinda like a Madagascariensis.
But im not good with nep ID either...

looks kinda like a Madagascariensis.
But im not good with nep ID either...

It does not look like madagascariensis to my eyes.

I would say that there's a good chance that it's a run-of-the-mill ventrata.

Exo, nep pitcher tend to have hairs on the lid when they're that small, and loose them as they get older.

Not all of them, and I'm pretty sure that ventrata is not one of them.

Not all of them, and I'm pretty sure that ventrata is not one of them.

I have a ventrata with basals. They have hairs on the lid when young. They lose them once the pitchers get about an 1 to an 1 1/2

I have a ventrata with basals. They have hairs on the lid when young. They lose them once the pitchers get about an 1 to an 1 1/2

Weird, I've seen them about that size at lowes and I didn't notice any hairs. :suspect:

I've personally seen them on all seedling neps, and a few larger ones including ventrata and ventricosa.

I have a ventrata of similar size, and the pitchers on the basals do indeed have hairs on the lid, as seen in the pictures. Definitely a ventrata.

Back