Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nepenthes truncata "Queen of Hearts" x "King of Spades"

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ant. I am happy that they are doing ok in my intermediate conditions. I do however realize that they are not the best they can be as my lighting isn't too great. The lights are too far away for them. I am considering appending to the light source, although with the start of current heat waves, the rest of the highlanders that grow with it will not appreciate it at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vraev,
    don't do a thing they look great, and we will have a source for your conditions, if some one needs to try a little less light , yours looks just a big as mine under t-5's in a highland terrarium, and the color on the picthers looks just as dark. if they were put side by side id almost bet yours is larger than mine, nad i got mine in november so ive had mine about the same time. I think they are all doing well in all conditions, isn't some one out there growing theirs in a lowland terr? .
    I dont see the extra hairy patch some have just below the front lip , mine doesnt have it either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My seedling JUST arrived in the mail... (It was supposed to arrive yesterday, but what with the Holidays I'm not going to judge the USPS too harshly...)

I've been waiting all day for the mail guy to arrive... I was doing dishes in the kitchen and my wife shouts "The mail guy's on the front steps and he's got a Priority Mail package!" outSTANDing. My worst fears of the seedling spending Christmas Eve slowly freezing on my front stoop has been averted... NOW I can go leave to see my relatives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea uphwiz I received mine the beginning of Nov and am growing them in lowland conditions. So far so good...they are growing nicely and a nice green color as with most small neps. I have two and both pitchering nicely as well. I will post pics later when I get time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a little over two months since my seedling arrived, and it's acclimated itself rather well to the setup and conditions at my job... The first new pitcher that it's grown since I received it opened over the weekend...

(For scale: this is a 3.5" pot):

Mine seems to be developing red patterning... most visible right now near the ala... Wondering if more patterning will emerge as it matures...
    Last edited by jonnyq; 03-01-2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: clarification

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's mine in a 6" pot.. considering how fast it's growing, I'd thought about putting it in an 8", but I guess I'll just repot again in 6 months. It's making small pitcher lids unfortunately, but I'm hoping that it's just because of the cold or low hours of sunlight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really can't wait to get mine....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like looking at pictures of siblings separated at birth... It's pretty neat to see the variations on the theme...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123