What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. clipeata Clone 2 about to flower

i thought it had already been revealed that clone 2, 3, and U were all male?

Since it has been brought up,
can anyone tell me what clones are "FEMALE"?
I have been interested in this for a while now, as I myself feel like there is a lot of Males out there.
I am told this is not so, however I am still at a loss as to which ones specifically have been found to be female.
(I am particularly interested in some of the more exotic and vicious looking ones like Hamata, Macrophylla, Villosa, etc., however would like to hear about ANY "girls" out there!)

Thanks!

(Growing up in my neighborhood, there were a lot more girls than guys ;) , so I guess I am naturally wanting to see more females out there!) :p
But yea, if you know about some of the marketed clones, please let me know! :hail: ;)

Paul

I believe there is an aristo that is female and an N.spathulata......the dark form of maxima, a bongso clone, an eymae clone an inermis clone, and a fusca clone.....

Last edited:
a clone or 2 of BEs gymnamphora is a female, one of the BE veitchii's is a female, im not sure where its from but, one of the ventricosa 'black peristome' clones is a female, several ventrata are female, im fairly sure a couple of the BE clones of rajah are female, there is a singalana clone that is female....there is more but my mind is drawing blanks

a clone or 2 of BEs gymnamphora is a female, one of the BE veitchii's is a female, im not sure where its from but, one of the ventricosa 'black peristome' clones is a female, several ventrata are female, im fairly sure a couple of the BE clones of rajah are female, there is a singalana clone that is female....there is more but my mind is drawing blanks

I thought that all 4 clones of rajah were male? ???

nope....one of Jeremiah's plants flowered female and if im not mistaken, it was a BE plant, then there was a couple of others who flowered female that were supposedly the BE clone...

nope....one of Jeremiah's plants flowered female and if im not mistaken, it was a BE plant, then there was a couple of others who flowered female that were supposedly the BE clone...

Weird, all 4 clones apparently originated from 4 plants at Kew gardens.....an supossedly they were all male.....:0o:

then someones lying to someone or a big miss communication has occurred somewhere along the line with someones plants and the origin of said plant rofl.

then someones lying to someone or a big miss communication has occurred somewhere along the line with someones plants and the origin of said plant rofl.

Who knows, I know there are seed grown rajah on the other side of the pond.....so it's possible that somewhere down the line one made it over here......one way or another. ;)

yeah there are a few around, i know a couple of people with them....but if i recall my convo with Jeremiah some time ago, he said his rajah was a BE clone....

yeah there are a few around, i know a couple of people with them....but if i recall my convo with Jeremiah some time ago, he said his rajah was a BE clone....

That's what he says.....he DID go to Borneo a while back, didn't he? :-))

lol hes been a few times im pretty sure, but he would have had to have been like 12 when he collected rajah seed...xD
though i have really no idea how old he is, early 20s probably...

lol hes been a few times im pretty sure, but he would have had to have been like 12 when he collected rajah seed...xD
though i have really no idea how old he is, early 20s probably...

Maybe he ages gracefully. :lol:

Thanks All,
I may try to keep a list if I can!
It would be good to have a nice balance if male and female clones available,
for obvious reasons.
I will keep looking back to this post, so if anyone thinks of others, please do add to this thread.
And the details do help....
My selection of a numbered clone in the future, could be influenced by what sex it might be.

And on another note... I would have loved to have had the chance to go to Borneo when I was younger, or anywhere else "interesting" from a CP standpoint for that matter! Oh well, it is nice that someone can!

Take care!
Paul :water:

When it comes to all things clipeata, I will defer to Clue. As far as I'm concerned, he has more knowledge about this species than anyone else on this forum.

Once he gets home from school, he'll set us all straight on what's what with the Wistuba clones 2,3 & U.

dvg

im just going off of what i read from phissionkorps' website awhile back when i was starting to get really interested in this species....

When it comes to all things clipeata, I will defer to Clue. As far as I'm concerned, he has more knowledge about this species than anyone else on this forum.

Once he gets home from school, he'll set us all straight on what's what with the Wistuba clones 2,3 & U.

dvg

Oh happy day! Apparently, now Andreas' clone 2 has a gender! It's a boy!

Now then, Andreas still only seems to have three clones running around this decade. 2, 3, and U. It's been known to the public that 3 is male for a few years. 2's gender has not been publicly known until now! U is still a mystery. Hopefully it's a female.

2: ♂
3: ♂
U: ???

I only have a U right now. It's not going to be flowering for a good five years, so hopefully in the meanwhile, someone can flower U (girl, please, GIRL!). BE should be releasing their two pure clones soon (that statement received from a reliable souce {Rumor!}).... again, I hope that they're girls!

Sadly, I only know of a few people in the world who own a female clipeata (Joachim Danz, Lay from Pitcher-plants), so the future of this species, sadly, if it is to continue, really depends on having these last three clones turn out to be female! Joachim's clipeata originated at the Munich Botanical Gardens, so it's not a TC clone. :( Lay's was from a plant collector (or perhaps a better word.... POACHER!) who was selling it at a plant show IIRC.

Doug: Thanks for the compliment, but I think that a few people probably do know more. :)

Speaking of clipeata, I'm currently trying HARD to get most of the clones I can get my hands on.... ;)

I see there is a clone 2 and 3......was there ever a clone 1? ???

I see there is a clone 2 and 3......was there ever a clone 1? ???

There was, but Andreas lost it from his TC cultures. :(

Back