What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northiana x Veitchii H/L colorful pitcher

Helllo all. Today I took some fresh pics of my Northiana x Veitchii H/L newly opened and developed pitcher. This is the first pitcher this plant had formed and opened for me in my care.
I'm really liking the color this pitcher is showing me. Now I cant wait till the Mixta x Maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x Veitchii growing next to it opens up a pitcher on it. I hope it will be a good one to.

e-43.jpg

i-26.jpg

j-20.jpg

:bigthumpup:

Anything with northiana gets my vote!

Simplicity of a pitcher = elegance. very nice.

I just cant stop looking at that beaut! What soil mix do you have your plants in?

I just cant stop looking at that beaut! What soil mix do you have your plants in?

Thanks Nate. I grow my neps in a mix of LFS, orchid bark, osmunda fiber, perlite and I believe some Washed silica sand as well. Makes for a well drained mix.

Hmm interesting. It just looks like in the first pic the soil has tons of peat moss in it. But I may have to try ur mix some time. It works very well for you!!!

Hmm interesting. It just looks like in the first pic the soil has tons of peat moss in it. But I may have to try ur mix some time. It works very well for you!!!

lol. It does look like it has alot of peat in it. I think there is also some peat in it. The soil came to me pre mixed from Ron in WA. I mixed extra perlite, orchid bark, and NZ LFS in it when I received the mix. I water my neps every other day. Probably like every second day or so depending on the temps.
Every day while I'm in the greenhouse, I touch the soil in every pot to feel how moist they are.

i also use the same mix as Ron, its a great one for sure :)
his mix is
lfs/perlite/orchid bark/osmunda fiber/peat/sand

.......I can't find osmunda fiber for the life of me, where do you get it? ???

New pictures taken of the same but more well developed pitcher

a-68.jpg

b-63.jpg

c-58.jpg

d-51.jpg

e-44.jpg

I want it, give it to meeeeeeee!!!!!!!! :-o

The newest opened pitcher on my Northiana x Veitchii H/L

a-78.jpg

b-72.jpg

c-65.jpg

Mike, those pitchers keep getting better with each new one being made.

That plant is gonna be a real knockout when it is mature.

dvg

Mike, those pitchers keep getting better with each new one being made.

That plant is gonna be a real knockout when it is mature.

dvg

Thanks Doug. I cant wait for it to produce me a few more pitchers, I bet they will be a good size by then and more colorful. I also cant wait for the Mixta x Maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x Veitchii that's growing next to it to produce me its first pitcher.

The last pitcher looks great. The northiana traits are becoming apparent.

Back