What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clippin' along...

This N. clipeata Clone 3 was given a coffee treatment a short while back, to see what might happen. Looks like it decided to reward me with a larger sized leaf.
IMG_3193-1.jpg

Just the leaf alone measures 4 inches long. This plant is potted up into a five inch pot.
IMG_3218-1.jpg

This pitcher has nectar on it that has oozed out and dried. It has the consistency of dried tree sap. When I touch it, it isn't very sticky and doesn't pull away from the plant in thin gooey strands, as I had expected it might.
IMG_3206-1.jpg

dvg

I love it. Keep them coming, Doug! :drool:

Thats a very Beautiful Clipeata. I need to make the effort at Clipeata Again, lol.

Jeeze that is an awesome size gain for the leaf. Coffee very obviously works for you. I did my first coffee treatment about 5 weeks ago, and so far not one of my neps looks any different. How long did it take for you to see results?

Thanks guys,

Nightsky, it usually takes around six weeks to a couple of months to start showing results.

If your growing conditions are already optimal, and if you already fertilize your plants, the coffee might not make much of a difference. It seems to work best with stalled plants with yellowing leaves.

Likewise, plants grown in suboptimal conditions might not get as much benefit from the coffee, until the lighting, soil media mix and temperature requirements are better met.

dvg

I'm thinking of getting a Clipeata. Is it a difficult plant to grow?

I'm thinking of getting a Clipeata. Is it a difficult plant to grow?

You'll find it just about as easy to grow as eatin' mom's home cooked fried chicken and sweet baked apple pie.:-D

Seriously though, this plant is considered a lowlander but grows quite well in intermediate conditions. Mine grows a couple of inches underneath a couple of 4' T12's, and it only gets a temp drop when the lights go off. This plant is not in a terrarium, but it sits on a table under the lights. It is kept on the dry side and is watered when the moss top dressing is dry to the touch. This clipeata grows in my basement and the temps are consistently about 72 F down there.

dvg

Last edited:
Back