Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates and new kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol Chris, i guess MM and i are just lucky to have women who love our plants just as much as we do!
    if im ever just taking a nap and i wake up, i can often find my fiancee poking around at my plants...lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
    Jesus. AND ONLY ONE GIRLFRIEND?!

Haha where do you find the time man. My lady always be on my back and shizz about how into my plants I am. Lol even so much I'm even part of an online community no less.

Seriously nice plants though and some of those cuttings prove the amazing survivability of these plants.
    Yeah, and she's a handful.. I've got way too much time on my hands. I'm retired, so the roaches, tarantulas, and plants help to fill my days. And "..proves the amazing survivability of these plants". What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying I'm a plant killer or my growing conditions suck!?!? sheesh.. j/k

Here's some pics for you though..

Last edited by mass; 06-08-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WUT. 0__0

Dude. Wow. So is that where the Morel/Red LFS money goes to!

DONATE TO CHRIS. Seriously though that is an aweesome setup, you almost have like a Nep Depot feel to the thing.

I salute you man, you have the best of everything!

The woman, the plants, the lighting, supplies, and the renewable source of income right outside the door!

My girlfriend seriously thinks it's ridiculous that I spend like 80-100 bucks on an order of CP's. You on the other hand...
    Nepenthes Outdoors in CA

Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honostly I don't really spend hardly anything on CP's. I like to consider myself a "Jack of all Trades". Get it.. jack of all 'trades'? lol.. I crack myself up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol yeah tis a shame I ordered from that New England crap before I figured I could just trade my plants I liked less for them. I'm actually willing to hock my entire sarr collection for some T5 lighting/RO filter now that I think about it.
    Nepenthes Outdoors in CA

Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got all my lighting and fixtures for free.. You'd be amazed at all the crap my father has laying around in his basement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the room for the big T12's so I stick to CFL's, easier to stock up on bulbs too. Not sure my family notices they're only getting 3/5 of the CFL's they buy at OSH...

Is all that live sphag collected or grown? You have like specimen quality plants even though all you did was repot a couple cutting you have. They're all really presentably even though I'm assuming you don't really arrange them to be that way.

Lol I didn't mean anything by the survivability comment. There was once a time when I thought all neps were terrarium queens that needed stable conditions, and a few years later here I am watching perfectly good plants get chopped into pieces, mailed across the country, repotted, and growing just as large as they were before in a short amount of time. Kind of a mind trip.

The sad thing is that even when your house gets packed wall to wall with plants, you still have the outside of your house to surround with these things. Have you ever thought about what your situation would look like in a couple years when these guys vine out? 0__0

Seriously nice collection dude.
    Nepenthes Outdoors in CA

Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
    Is all that live sphag collected or grown?

Have you ever thought about what your situation would look like in a couple years when these guys vine out? 0__0
    Yes..

Of course.. that's why this is the first thing I ordered when I got my inheritance.

http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x...nts-93358.html
    Last edited by mass; 06-09-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast