Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A true gem...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think thats a great plan. I wasn't too impressed w/spectabillis at first but after seeing pics of your N. Sumatra and seeing one in person at The New York Botanical Garden, they really are very beautiful, much more so than in most pictures. It would be pretty cool to see what variation they are capable of. I just got a tc clone of N. Sumatra, possibly the same one as yours (love it!.) Please keep us updated, I know I'd like to see how it turns out, as all the forms I've seen available so far are all very nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, all of the north sumatra are the same clone, single clone originating from TC at Borneo Exotics, and it is a male.
    it is a wonderful plant, i also have a small Spectabilis 'Pangulobau'
    ill try and get pics of it, but like i said, its pretty small lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what I figured, good in the fact that now I have exactly what I wanted, (literally the exact one I wanted.) But variation among seed grown specs could prove to be very interesting. I'd be up to grow some out from seed one day just to see, what a cool project (ok now I'm jealous). Mine is def too small, but good to already be informed that he's a male, thanks. I would love to see a pic of what the 'Pangulobau' looks like though, if you get a chance. small or not I haven't seen one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ask and you shall receive

Clue is to N. clipeata as i am to N. spectabilis...hahahah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, everybody has their thing, I'm the last person to judge. That one is very nice too, thanks for posting those. Ugh, now I wish I had gotten both. It looks like it has a smaller peristome then the N. Sumatra at that age. It looks redder too, or is that just a new pitcher?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    new pitcher will darken up like the older, the peristome from what ive seen on mature representations of this plant, is not near as flared out as my north sumatra, or my sinabung...its nice though, more tubby as well compared to these ones.
    You might be a little let down with North Sumatra at first, it is referred to as the Ugly Duckling by Robert Cantley, as at a young age, it seems to produce some oddball pitchers, often with little lid syndrome or just funky shaped...but once it hits the right age, is absolutely stunning. any friends i have over, or visitors, usually point out the spectabilis first...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats funny that you mention it, it came with about 4-5 pitchers on it, all a little different. I thought it might've been because it was just in a box for 2 days. Good to know. lol, "ugly duckling" no way! I'll only be let down if it decides it doesn't like it here.

Anyway, don't want to hijack your thread so good luck with your new spectabillis!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taargus, i dont mind at all if you have any questions feel free to ask

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12