What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

truncata x ephippiata

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
So far, I'm not seeing much if any ephippiata in it. Looks like a normal truncata to me. I'm hoping as it matures it will maybe, just maybe, turn out to be not too inferior to the lowii x truncata hybrid. Pitcher is about 6" or so. First pitcher just opened. Second one is about a month old.

2010Jun24002.jpg

2010Jun24006.jpg

2010Jun24004.jpg

2010Jun24005.jpg

Very nice looks very promising!

Great color; thanks for sharing!

Just give it say... two years and its going to be AMAZING! lol

Nice pictures!

Hey guys, took updated photos of that same pitcher today in the growthingy. The peristome colored up nicely and is starting to get a little bit of flare:

2010Jul07004.jpg

2010Jul07020.jpg

2010Jul07018.jpg

That looks great! I was just wondering about this plant this morning as I was looking at mine. Truncata doesn't want to make uppers and I think ephippiata is slow to go to uppers too (I might be wrong here, that's just what I was thinking) so this plant may take a while before we see what's in store. At any rate, it is looking good right now. Enjoy the lowers while they last.

It's looking a lot like my Red Dragon right now

Back