Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Doctors In The House?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya these are almost ultra-highland plants. My lowii and Talengensis get night time drops into the mid 40's that keeps them happy. But What also could be the problem is the humididty. Whats urs at?

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i<3carnivores View Post
    The blood brothers were a post-hardcore band from Seattle. They broke up in 2007 though.
    But they have a song called "Doctor, Doctor!" and when you said "Doctor! Doctor!" I just imagined that being declared in the likeness of the song.
    Me too

BUT, back to the OP's problem. It looks like bacterial rot to me. If it was an orchid I'd be spraying it with physan, keeping it slightly drier for a time and isolating it, or at least keeping it far enough away from the others that water on it's leaves doesn't drip on another plant, and keep the leaves from touching another plant.
    Can neps tolerate physan? I know that sarrs can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly, it looks like there could be mites there. Can you take a pic on the undersides of the living leaves?
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could be also a result of overfertilizing. Even if you aren't fertilizing your plants it could be that the rainwater is getting old. Or the filter of R/O system isn't working right anymore. Some species are more sensitive to this than other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please provide additional info: are you giving them daily night time drops to at least the 50s? how often are you fertilizing them? etc etc. as you see, the members are giving you way too many possibilities to give you a plausible/effective answer to your problem.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bojahnik View Post
    This could be also a result of overfertilizing. Even if you aren't fertilizing your plants it could be that the rainwater is getting old. Or the filter of R/O system isn't working right anymore. Some species are more sensitive to this than other.
    Old rainwater? Why would that matter?
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    Old rainwater? Why would that matter?
    After using rainwater for a good while I noticed that at some point my plants started to look bad when I used rainwater which has stayed for a while in the rainwatertank. After this I checked with an EC-meter now for a while my rainwater and recognized very high differences. Fresh, pure rainwater has an EC value of aboiut 10 microsiemens. After staying in the tank for a month the value goes upto 100 microsiemens. Also after a longer dry period the first rain collects lots of dust and EC value goes upto 200 microsiemens which is far too much. This might be different if you run a filtering system like for aquariums to keep it good (which I haven't tested yet) or use R/O water to be on the safe side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bojahnik View Post
    After using rainwater for a good while I noticed that at some point my plants started to look bad when I used rainwater which has stayed for a while in the rainwatertank. After this I checked with an EC-meter now for a while my rainwater and recognized very high differences. Fresh, pure rainwater has an EC value of aboiut 10 microsiemens. After staying in the tank for a month the value goes upto 100 microsiemens. Also after a longer dry period the first rain collects lots of dust and EC value goes upto 200 microsiemens which is far too much. This might be different if you run a filtering system like for aquariums to keep it good (which I haven't tested yet) or use R/O water to be on the safe side.
    Huh....I've used rainwater that sat in jugs for 2months with no ill affects.....but I usually water by putting it in a pump sprayer and spray the soil untill it starts to run through.....maybe this re-areates the water?
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast