Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Doctors In The House?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo View Post
    Huh....I've used rainwater that sat in jugs for 2months with no ill affects.....but I usually water by putting it in a pump sprayer and spray the soil untill it starts to run through.....maybe this re-areates the water?
    No ... I don't think so. If the salts have built up they won't get lost because of this. Else there won't be no need for R/O systems or destilation. I also use pumpsprayer.
    I collect my rainwater via the roof of my house. Who knows what it collects while running down to the rainwatertank. But nevertheless every serious orchid grower checks his water with an EC-meter. Most Orchids need more or less the same conditions like our neps. Using water without EC-meter is a blindflight.

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In usually water the chids with pure distilled or RO. When feeding I use half distilled (or RO) and half well or rain water to avoid PH swings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bojahnik View Post
    No ... I don't think so. If the salts have built up they won't get lost because of this. Else there won't be no need for R/O systems or destilation. I also use pumpsprayer.
    I collect my rainwater via the roof of my house. Who knows what it collects while running down to the rainwatertank. But nevertheless every serious orchid grower checks his water with an EC-meter. Most Orchids need more or less the same conditions like our neps. Using water without EC-meter is a blindflight.
    I don't see why it would matter, the only stuff in the rainwater would be pollen and other natural stuff......I'm pretty sure that they have that in the wild. I can see why tap water is bad considering the minerals and heavy metal content.....but that stuff can't get into rainwater just from letting it sit.....
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see why it would matter, the only stuff in the rainwater would be pollen and other natural stuff......I'm pretty sure that they have that in the wild. I can see why tap water is bad considering the minerals and heavy metal content.....but that stuff can't get into rainwater just from letting it sit.....
    I don't think that you can compare rainwater which sits for weeks in a tank to rainwater in the wild which is given to the plants in its purest form. Sitting in a tank for a long while it starts going rotten. Besides the heavier EC-value bad bacterias are also getting alive. I checked the EC-values several times and always the EC-value went up dramatically after a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that you can compare rainwater which sits for weeks in a tank to rainwater in the wild which is given to the plants in its purest form. Sitting in a tank for a long while it starts going rotten. Besides the heavier EC-value bad bacterias are also getting alive. I checked the EC-values several times and always the EC-value went up dramatically after a while.
    Yeah, I've noticed that it starts to smell a bit off, but I've never noticed any detrimental affects on my plants other than increased alage growth, but that onlys seems to be a real problem when I use an LFS topdressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've noticed that it starts to smell a bit off, but I've never noticed any detrimental affects on my plants other than increased alage growth, but that onlys seems to be a real problem when I use an LFS topdressing.
    That's quite strange. Alive sphagnum is algae resistent. Or what you mean if you are talking of LFS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite strange. Alive sphagnum is algae resistent. Or what you mean if you are talking of LFS?
    I mean dead dried LFS....just rehydrated and used as a top dressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean dead dried LFS....just rehydrated and used as a top dressing.
    Dead sphagnum as top dressing?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast