Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fusca trouble?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusca trouble?

I recently moved my N. Fusca outside for the summer(I take it in when it gets too hot though,) and it has started to look like the leaves are both decaying and wilting. Could it be too much light, or could there be something else,(no pests on last checkup) such as stress?
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all neps have a tendancy to do this when you change it's conditions drastically. It could be a mixture of things ... light increase, humidity drop, wind burn, etc. As long as there are no extremes here the plant can't handle, the plant should adjust over time.

I used to bring some of mine outside for the summer but I stopped doing that for exactly this reason. It would take them a month or two to acclaimate and then by the time they got going again, I would have to bring them in due to fall approaching. My warm season was just too short for it to be of any use to growing neps outdoors for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My other ones are great. Last year my Fusca was fine. I always take them in overnight (yeah, I should leave them out, but the birds here love spaghnum!) and I take them in if it gets over 90/below 60.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may be something else then. Just sharing my experiences. Good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is easy to agree with Dash,
    as your plant is now showing a problem shortly after changing its environment.
    It is logical that the plant is showing its reaction to the change.
    As was mentioned, likely the increase of light or heat. (Even WE sun burn the first time out for the day! Um, some more than others.)

Unless shade cloth was used, or the plant was exposed to the sun slowly (a few hours to start out...and NOT mid-day sun!!!) then this is the likely cause, as the change could then indeed be considered a bit "drastic".

Well, just my opinion. Experience is the best teacher, so I guess time will tell. As you say, your other ones are doing fine so far.

Good luck
    Experience is the best teacher. At least it used to be.
    But then, common sense isn't so common anymore, is it.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113866

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i definitely agree here with dashman, i would strongly advise misting the plant down a few times a day, and moving it to a bit more shady area. Which variety of fusca are we talking about here?
    ive heard from several people that the flared peristome variety absolutely loves full sun, im not too sure about the other varieties, but i would venture a guess that full sun to partial shade would be ideal...
    Your experiences with the leaves withering sound like a dead ringer for lack of humidity and moisture, smashed together with too much sun too fast before the plant has had a chance to adapt...try raising misting it like i said and putting it in a slightly shaded area so the plant isnt baked...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put my all my neps outdoors this season just because my room started getting pretty warm in the middle of the day with the lights on...

They love the temp drops and I noticed the plants that are left in the shade acclimate better under dappled sunlight, before you start moving them into more and more sunlight. It's like a 2-3 week process for some plants honestly, but so far no dropped pitchers or leaves.
    Nepenthes Outdoors in CA

Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    i definitely agree here with dashman, i would strongly advise misting the plant down a few times a day, and moving it to a bit more shady area. Which variety of fusca are we talking about here?
    ive heard from several people that the flared peristome variety absolutely loves full sun, im not too sure about the other varieties, but i would venture a guess that full sun to partial shade would be ideal...
    Your experiences with the leaves withering sound like a dead ringer for lack of humidity and moisture, smashed together with too much sun too fast before the plant has had a chance to adapt...try raising misting it like i said and putting it in a slightly shaded area so the plant isnt baked...
    It's back inside now.
    No clue on the form, will look at its name tag when I get the chance.
    Inside our kitchen, the humidity is normally 70%. The humidity outside is usually very low, except the other day it was 100%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast