What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jb's neps

jbradt

stretch.... yawn...
Hey all...

I've been mostly lurking around here for a while, and thought I'd put up some pics of my plants. Keep in mind, I've only been keeping CPs since the beginning of the year, so any thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc are totally appreciated!

Thanks for looking.

n. copelandi
cope.JPG

cope_pp.JPG

n. sanguinea
sang_np.JPG

n. truncata
trunc_np.JPG

n. lowii
lowii.JPG

n. ventricosa
vent.JPG

Last edited:
Success! Fire away! :-D

Last edited:
Thwy look great!

Lookin pretty good! Looks like you are off to a running start... Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, everyone!

nice growin.:bigthumpup:
what are your conditions , can we see the grow chamber?
It does look like your going to do very well,
I'm already jealous of your lowii,
mine is a save from some one who wasn't doing very well with it ,
so it will be a while,if ever before it looks good.:-(
do you grow other cp's?

nice growin.:bigthumpup:
what are your conditions , can we see the grow chamber?
It does look like your going to do very well,
I'm already jealous of your lowii,
mine is a save from some one who wasn't doing very well with it ,
so it will be a while,if ever before it looks good.:-(
do you grow other cp's?

Thanks... and sure! I don't have any pics of the whole chamber, but I have all my neps in 2 upright terrariums (think Exo-Terra). I've wrapped the tanks in opaque, white, plastic sheeting, and cover the front with the same when I'm not home. One of the terrs. is for intermediates, the other for more sensitive highlanders, my heli and my ceph.

The intermediate chamber gets up to about 75-78 during the day, and down to 65ish at night. The humidity stays around 65ish during the day and up to 90ish at night. This one has a 100w, 6500k CFL.
DSCN2480.JPG

The highland terr has the same temperature range, but I mist more frequently to keep the humidity around 80. This one has a 120w, 5000k CFL flood type bulb.
DSCN2481.JPG

The lowii had 3 leaves and no pitchers when I got it in late December or early January. It's one of my favorites! I hope yours pulls through for you! Apart form the Heli and the Ceph, I also have some tropical sundews, a sarr. psitacena, and a couple VFT's. I'm still working on getting around to posting pics of them.

Again, any thoughts or suggestions always appreciated!

Back