What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. argentii cultivation

Wooot! Another one joins the ranks! That pitcher is a nice one, I like it exo.

Yeah..I'm so pumped.....I opened up the package and did a serious happy dance at how awesome the pitchers are. :banana2:

Okay, seven months is far long enough for everyone to have no posted pics of their N. argentii!

Here's mine, it's really not looking terribly special right now, but it is still growing and loving life. It spent all Summer on the windowsill and it was a risky move on my part, it certainly never even tried to pitcher, but I think the change of scene did it good and now it loves the terrarium again. I'm hoping for a pitcher on this next leaf.

DSCN6439.jpg

What about everyone else? Where's yours? How's it doing?

Wow. I'm starting to really like this Nep.

Dex, not terribly special? The fact that it's growing and producing leaves of similar size or even bigger is a great thing!

Aperture:- The cake is a lie. :lol:

Funny thing is, it's actually not.-Off topic

Seriously, I'm starting think I'll add this to the list.

Yeah I love this Nepenthes! It's just not really an extremely rewarding plant until it gets much older. And it grows very slow. But I love it!

Everyone should get one. The thing is, I KNOW for a fact there are at least three other regulars on here that grow this plant. But they're not coughing up pics!

So let's see more pics, then. :-O

I have it still....but it has been experiencing technical difficulties......main growth point becided to kick it and it is now growing a basal....so it's gonna be a while till I post any pics......

Bummer

The thing is, I KNOW for a fact there are at least three other regulars on here that grow this plant.
Ah yes ... but not everyone has the free time to 1) constantly check the forums & 2) take the pics, resize them, upload to PB, etc .... :poke: (whining mode: off)

Per your request, here's a shot of my AW little guy (2.5" pot). One inflated pitcher, another soon to open (bottom left) and a 3rd that I had to pull out of the nearby N. lowii pot (far right). For some reason, this plant & my N. inermis rarely keep more than 1 open pitcher for very long. :scratch:
Nargentii111511RS.jpg

Here's a closeup of the open pitcher - appears to be too small to show the 'batwing' (unless I just don't know what I'm looking for)
Nargentiipitcher111511RS.jpg

In theory, a BE clone will soon be on it's way to me - looking forward to growing both of them.

Oh wow Ron......what is your secret? :0o:

Ah yes ... but not everyone has the free time to 1) constantly check the forums & 2) take the pics, resize them, upload to PB, etc .... :poke: (whining mode: off)

Don't worry Ron you weren't one of the three that I was thinking of.

Awesome plant! Yours is the best that I have seen on this forum so far. How do you grow it?

Whoa. That is a nice plant.

Yours is the best that I have seen on this forum so far. How do you grow it?
.....what is your secret? :0o:
:-)) You guys crack me up! This plant seems very un-special to my eyes!! I just wish it would hold on to its pitchers longer. It sits on a shelf in my 75 gal (in a bed of live LFS - like all my tanks) along with most of my macro utrics & some other small neps (lowii, izumiae). The tank is in my basement. This one is growing in an airy peat mix but I'm slowly switching many of my Neps over to airy live LFS mixes (until I change my mind again) :crazy:

Don't want to get hollered at before the holidays so I figured I'd do a quick update.... the two pitchers that the little guy was working on in the last update have both opened and it's trying to extend it's new longest tendril (bottom left ~7 o'clock)...
NargentiiAWplant121711RS.jpg

... the one on the left ... and the one on the right ...
NargentiiAWpitcher1121711RS.jpg
NargentiiAWpitcher2121711RS.jpg

... the long tendril is in the middle and this fuzzy guy will be the one after that:
NargentiiAWtendril121711RS.jpg

I like how it's now holding onto the pitchers for a while - I hope it keeps it up. :-O (but still no batwings) :crazy:

Yay! Very nice :hail: my current plant is threatening to die...

Oh my gosh, such a beautiful plant Ron!

Did you notice if it grows faster after it puts on a certain size?

Mine is still putting along quite slowly.

Yay! Very nice :hail: my current plant is threatening to die...
Say it ain't so ... :down:

Good luck with the wrist - I hope it heals quickly for you! :hug:

Did you notice if it grows faster after it puts on a certain size?
The size of the plant hasn't changed all that much since I received it but the pitchers are a tad larger than the earlier versions. It's currently growing the fastest I've seen - maybe it like's having it's picture taken ... :scratch:

Back