What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month July-August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to my ignorance and lack of time, we are already halfway through the month with no contest, so to make up for that, this contest will cover this month and next month, and at any point in time you are free to change your entry, up until the end of the contest.

Rules are simple,
1.Photo must have been taken this month, no pitcher age limit
2.Plant must have been in owners possession for at least 6 months prior to entry
3.Plant must be clearly labeled in the owners entry
4.If more than one pitcher is in the photo, it must be clarified as to which is being entered into the contest.
5.Photo updates of pitchers are fine, and more than one photo is welcome, however the photo must be of the same pitcher, no other.
6.Winners may NOT enter the SAME pitcher again after winning, another pitcher on the same plant is fine but NOT the same pitcher

Contest will be closed on Midnight of August 31st Midnight PST (subject to change due to the fact that i will have a baby at this point lol)
Good luck and lets get another good set of neps

1. Photo has been taken today.
2. I've had this plant since January.
3. I did.
4. The one in the middle.
5. Kk.
6. What's the winner get?

Nepenthes Truncata Pasian
Title: Undersea Hawaii Nepenthes
hni0024.jpg

winner just gets mentions and bragging rights :p
i might do some seed prizes depending on how my drosera, dionaea, and sarracenia do this season...

you dont have to post answers for 1-6, those are just the rules Burnt...the only thing you need to post is the name of the plant, and if multiple pitchers are in view, then you must point out which one is your entry :p

I don't think I'm going to win.

This is my Nepenthes Sanquinea :)
I've had the plant since spring last year and this is the first "big" pitcher :D

IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6593.jpg

IMG_6596.jpg

IMG_6601.jpg

Last edited:
:O !!! Hope my windowsill N.Truncata open the inflating pitcher somewhere soon in this month

Taliesin-DS: nice Sangu !

Indigo, you have all the way through august for that to happen :p
though it would probably color up more in time for the end of the contest if it did open this month ;D

Just for fun :D
albomarginata.jpg

albomarginata "red"
Untitled.jpg

northiana . Reddining

I'm putting my thorelliXcampanulata up at the altar:
P8030034.jpg

P8030035.jpg

P8030036.jpg

P8030037.jpg

P8030038.jpg

exudate..
P8030039.jpg

rim:
P8030040.jpg

...and the whole plant for perspective (it's the big pitcher that's sitting on top of the soil in the pot):
P8030050.jpg

P8030049.jpg

P8030048.jpg

N. bellii x [(stenophylla x lowii) x ('rokko' x veitchii)]
Here he is modeling on an old rustic picnic bench, ready to snack on some tasty bug yums!

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

her is my N. lady pauline, starting to get a little size to the pitchers.
IMG_2571.jpg
IMG_2573.jpg
IMG_2575.jpg
IMG_2576.jpg

It's a longshot, but it's the most perfect little albo pitcher ever :p
DSCF5250.jpg

Deleted post...Plant not 6 months with me...

Last edited:
'Sabre' Almost an upper pitcher. The persitome is red on the lowers and yellow on the uppers. It only took about 5 years to produce uppers:)

sabrepom3.jpg

sabrepom2.jpg

sabrepom1.jpg

Peace,
Zero

yippie.. I can finally play along!

N. lowii immature pitcher

100_5230.jpg

100_5229.jpg

100_5227.jpg

Well my albo wasn't grown long enough yet....So I'm entering my Mirabilis var enchinostoma ;D
DSC06161.jpg

DSC06167.jpg

DSC06169.jpg

DSC061691.jpg

Ken

Last edited:
ken i wish i could just remove my lady pauline from the competition you've just won . IMO
this is one super SUPER cool nep.
thanks for sharing

Too early to say that uphwiz...Your lady pauline is equally amazing...I've killed one before :)

That mirabilis is very nice.

What the heck, my little spectabilis x mira. It had pouted for several months but finally put out a pitcher:

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0374.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back