Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Fert Pls if possible no links

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coffee Fert Pls if possible no links

Like the thread says if possible no links cause i've read most of it.

Anyway I'm a kid which doesn't drink coffee first of all so i have 0 idea or knowing basically nothing about coffee. As far as i've read it seems simple just taking cold/old cup of coffee and watering the soil of the plant/nep.

One qiestion is when u say black coffee does it have to be the beans itself made into coffee(is that possible?) Or do i buy those ready made coffee powder without cream and sugar? If its the latter, i have another question, aren't these ready coffee powder mixed something else which might harm the plant or anything maybe oil or something ( i really don't know ) or they dont mix anything into the powder
    Well i have a growlist her but anyways heres mine in another forum.

http://www.forum.petpitcher.com/showthread.php?t=1119

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *facepalm* Look, this is just how it works for me, but I use a small turkey baster to put a small solution of coffee in the pitchers. The coffee should be liquid and not boiling hot, but I wouldn't recommend it to be old. Since I've been experimenting this a lot, I would just say to put the coffee at the temperature of normal water you'd water your plants with. Top water with the coffee, then drench it with distilled water to wash out the coffee after 10 minutes. I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I haven't gone so far. I say, don't try the coffee method. It's hard and it is dangerous to your plants. If you really want to get into this, I'd try a simple experiment using 2 Ventricosae of the same age. Pour 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of MaxSea (16-16-16) Fertilizer into a gallon of distilled water. Then, lightly mist the solution onto the leaves of 1 Ventricosa. Another method is to lightly sprinkle the MaxSea onto the leaves once or twice a month. Observe the difference in growth after 2 months. MaxSea is the safest you can go, it's a kelp fertilizer that doesn't burn your plants! Personally, I haven't tried it, and I'm a heck of a lot younger than you, so what do I know? One thing I do know is that fertilizer/coffee is for the big leagues and MaxSea is good to try out first.
    -just burned your snow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to be the opposing side to that argument. You can fry your plants using a fertilizer like MaxSea.. so I leave that to the pro's and stick with the coffee.
    I just pour 8oz. of room temp. coffee (no cream or sugar) through the media. Let it drain out completely.. and repeat every 3 months or so. And I don't flush the media afterwards. Doing so would make the whole coffee treatment seem pointless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Au contrair; MaxSea can only be harmful to your plants if used too excessively. Although I do admit my mistake about the coffee. I will still stand by my idea to clean out the soil, for it may become more helpful in overall smell of the soil and needed lengths between repotting (look at me talking all serious :P ).
    -just burned your snow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So.. then you agree it can be fatal if you don't know what your doing. Where as with coffee you have plenty of room to experiment and learn without the worry of frying your plants to death like you would with a fertilizer.
    And you keep saying "soil".. what kind of media are you using for your neps? I wouldn't call my substrate soil by any means. You should be using 50:50 LFS/perlite, or a different percentage/combination of the two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not fatal, potentially dangerous. And coffee is still not fully understandable yet when used on CPs.
    Soil as in media .
    -just burned your snow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got to ask the obvious question.. What's the difference between fatal and potentially dangerous? When it comes to my plants, they are one in the same.
    What's not understood? I can speculate without doing the research and say the caffeine accelerates the growth rate of the plant. But that's just off the top of my head..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to argue about this. Let's just agree to disagree. Obviously, we have different views on fertilizers, but I don't want this to become a fight over a little thing.
    -just burned your snow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast