What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is most of what i am trying to germinate right now
From left to right: Ampullaria red, Gracilis, below: mystery mix of dews, above Macfarlanei, Reinwardtiana red HL, and two complex hybrids wich i dont feel like looking up the names right now:p
IMG_6644.jpg

Close ups of the Ampullaria seedlings.
Notice the seedlings in the right pod on the second pic.
Glad i tossed that in as well.
IMG_6647.jpg

IMG_6657.jpg

Bongso seedlings that i sowed in november and started germinating about 6 weeks later.
IMG_6667.jpg

IMG_6670.jpg

IMG_6674.jpg

Ventrata x Rebecca Soper seedpods ripening.
IMG_6712.jpg

Ampullaria i got about 6 weeks ago just opened its first new pitcher, the leaves have really gotten bigger since i got it.
IMG_6662.jpg

Vogelii i got at the same time is also doing well, the pitcher at the front is new and growing really fast.
IMG_6665.jpg

Hookeriana i got in summer 2009, it dried out a bit in winter but since i made this terrarium it's new leaves have become huge.
IMG_6679.jpg

Talangensis i also got 6 weeks ago, it's not doing much so i'm trying to see how it will do when it gets some cold at night.
IMG_6730.jpg

Rebecca Soper who refuses to pitcher but keeps spitting out basals and flowers.....
IMG_6780.jpg

Sanguinea, everyone should have one, they are awesome.
IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6797.jpg

Some pictures of my "Highland" growspace.
IMG_6690.jpg

IMG_6705.jpg

Some pics of my utrics bec i don't want to make a separate topic just for this :p
Nice Sandersonii flowers.
IMG_6738.jpg

This Livida isn't doing much but growing.
IMG_6742.jpg

Longifolia i got last week.
IMG_6746.jpg

omg you are so awesome, i wish i could be like you!!

;)

if i got a penny everytime someone said that to me...

Out of all the times I've tried Nep seeds, I've failed, so pat yourself on the back and stop moping around, man! ;)

Seriously, though, that sang is impressive. @.@

You'll get another chance when that seed is ripe :)

Everything is looking great. Those nep seedlings look to be growing well for you. I hope they continue to do well.

Wow, they are so tiny! That is super cool!

Oh Wow, Looking Great :D

Updates:

Jacquelineae pitcher:
IMG_7704.jpg

Ampullaria:
IMG_7711.jpg

Inermis:
IMG_7714.jpg

Vogelii:
IMG_7718.jpg

Hamata:
IMG_7723.jpg

Ampullaria seedlings:
IMG_7729.jpg

Gracilis seedlings:
IMG_7731.jpg

Singalana basal:
IMG_7737.jpg

Slow Talangensis:
IMG_7753.jpg

Niiiice! How are you managing to keep amp and inermis in the same place? :0o:

A lot of luck i guess, and maybe bec both are still young.
It's usually 25-30c by day in there and 18-20c by night, both seem to love it.
It's a lot warmer in the middle were the seeds are and around the edge of the "plain"
At the sides under the "trees" is at least 5c cooler by day.

I can't for the life of me get nep seeds to sprout! I've tried every method.. it's driving me mad. Congrats on your success.

mass - do you cover the seeds with anything?
I highly recommend that you do NOT cover the seed trays, but rather leave them in open, circulating air...mildew and mold seem to be a major factor in killing nep seeds before they get a chance...even if your media doesnt have it, nep seeds regularly have fungal spores on them....especially wild collected seed....

Taliesin, why did you have your talangensis covered like that? Obviously to increase the humidity, but why such an extreme measure? And, more importantly, is it working for you? The reason I ask is I have had a talangensis for years now and it has never pitchered for me. I watered it with some coffee last month and the leaf difference is night and day but so far no pitchers. Im looking to get all the advice i can on this guy!

That way it grows the best for my so far.
It didnt like my growroom.
And atm i don't really have a different way to give it low temperatures at night and really high humidity.
Im still working on that :p

Your setup looks fantastic. Everything's so green and beautiful! I especially like the clear trays that allow light to filter through! I'd buy those in a heartbeat if available locally.

mass - do you cover the seeds with anything?
I highly recommend that you do NOT cover the seed trays, but rather leave them in open, circulating air...mildew and mold seem to be a major factor in killing nep seeds before they get a chance...even if your media doesnt have it, nep seeds regularly have fungal spores on them....especially wild collected seed....

I don't cover the trays, pots, or seeds at all.. I even give the seeds appropriate growing conditions (H/L, LL). And still no luck!

Back