What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 pitchers atm

jamban basal pitcher:
RSCN3495.jpg

glabrata basal pitcher:
RSCN3494.jpg

tenuis pitcher:
RSCN3490.jpg

How big in diameter is your jamban/how long have you had it? I'm getting a "small" one sometime next week in the mail. I was under the impression they started making the exotic pitcher shape and vining early on.

my jamban's main vine is approximately 8-9" in diameter and about a foot long (although the vine has no support so it sprawls around. the photo shows a basal pitcher (the second leaf)
i've had my plant for 8 months now.
i dont know how soon the pitchers will start morphing, but the main vine does have the toilet shaped pitchers.

have fun with yours. it is by far my favorite nep in my collection.

Weird shape.....:suspect:

my jamban's main vine is approximately 8-9" in diameter and about a foot long (although the vine has no support so it sprawls around. the photo shows a basal pitcher (the second leaf)
i've had my plant for 8 months now.
i dont know how soon the pitchers will start morphing, but the main vine does have the toilet shaped pitchers.

have fun with yours. it is by far my favorite nep in my collection.

:pics:

Seriously, pics of the whole plants? Pleease?

as you wish zuz (mind there is a good 3 inches of vine buried beneath the sphag):
DSCN3496.jpg

Niiice...that loooong tendril up top looks like what turned into a really nice toilet on mine! I think our plants are doing the same exact thing XD.

k...pulled everything out so I can get a pic of my whole plant:

P8140006-1.jpg

P8140005-1.jpg

very nice plant thez! i see yours has a basal as well! yours is really getting that toilet shape!

Is that all LFS?

@jim: the top layer is, however, in the pot is a good mix of 1:1:1 of orchid bark, perlite and LFS.

@jim: the top layer is, however, in the pot is a good mix of 1:1:1 of orchid bark, perlite and LFS.

Even for glabrata? Mine looks sad...I had it in cocohusk & lfs, just changed to lfs : perlite...not sure if it'll help though :-(

And thanks, I'm pretty darn proud of it!!

yup, even for the glabrata. i pretty much use the same thing for all my neps. except for the campanulata and mikei. but when it comes to repotting time, i'll be replacing their media with the same mix.

Back