Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: N. jamban fill me in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N. jamban fill me in!

I've just received an N. jacquelineae and an N. jamban. I've had a jacq in my HL chamber years ago when the first seed grown batch came outta BE but jamban came out after I quit plants for a while. So far it has a single 1" dark red pitcher which already has a nice shape with the plant itself only 2-3" in diameter.

What I "know" is that it's a "small species" (how small do the leaves and pitchers stay?) and "grows fast"(how fast?). Is it a strict HL plant or more of an intermediate species?

Thanks for any info or maybe even pics of a larger plant you can taunt me with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to amph's post on 3 pitchers from the past week to see some pics...here: http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123945

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from my experience, jamban is forgiving and can withstand a plethora of conditions within reason. it grew for me whether it experienced 65F or 40F nights, although more vigorously if kept in the low 50s, so i would say it is an easy growing highlander. that being said, it is a viner, so it does not stay on the small side.

jacq is a pain....mine is growing, but not growing well---might be a pest issue. figuring that out now.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Height (vining) isn't a problem - I have a pair of some nifty 12" long surgical scissors I use for terrarium pruning, it's the diameter (leaf length) I'm curious about. I'm trying to keep only Nep species under 2 feet in diameter . Pics I've seen on occasion of jamban in larger size appear to be be only about 8-10" in diameter but looks can be deceiving in photos and it could be bigger or smaller.

How "fast" does jamban reach vining stage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it vines at the get go--in fact, i burned the leaves initially getting it, because it was too close to the growlights in comparison to everything else i had. i upgraded to a 10 gallon then 20 gallon mainly because of this plant.

since i have a couple of basals, i'll start up a reference point from time from basal to vining according to the number of leaves. the basal pitcher i took a picture of is leaf #2.
    Last edited by amphirion; 08-18-2010 at 02:25 PM.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My jamban puts out new leaf each 3 weeks. When I got it half a year ago, it was only 3 inch cross. Now it is 6inch cross.

Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I've just received an N. jacquelineae and an N. jamban. I've had a jacq in my HL chamber years ago when the first seed grown batch came outta BE but jamban came out after I quit plants for a while. So far it has a single 1" dark red pitcher which already has a nice shape with the plant itself only 2-3" in diameter.

What I "know" is that it's a "small species" (how small do the leaves and pitchers stay?) and "grows fast"(how fast?). Is it a strict HL plant or more of an intermediate species?

Thanks for any info or maybe even pics of a larger plant you can taunt me with.
    My Grow-List and Want-List
    If you know other unique plants that can walk, can talk, can sing, or can eat people, please tell me and I definitely want to get one.