User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Why my aristolochioides stops to pitcher?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why my aristolochioides stops to pitcher?

Have grown it for a long time. Before July, it was put in a sunny place (in a terrarium with other HL neps) and pitchers well. In July I left my home for two weeks. So I put my HL terrarium in a bright shaded place since my roommate didn't know how to take care of them (but he helped me spray them every two days). When I come back, I put the terrarium in the previous sunny place. All my HL neps grows well and pitchers, except to this aristolochioides. But it grows very fast, putting out every new leaf almost every 2 weeks. It only stops to pitcher. I don't know why . My other HL neps growing together with it pitcher well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Zhilin
    My Grow-List and Want-List
    If you know other unique plants that can walk, can talk, can sing, or can eat people, please tell me and I definitely want to get one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santa Ana winds kicking up yet? = severe drop in humidity. the pitchers will not form. cooler temps also encourages pitchering.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, amphirion. By the "cooler temps", do you mean the daytime temp? Recent months (from July to Sept), the daytime temp is 80-85F, nighttime temp is 60-65F. The daytime temp level is indeed higher than those months when it pitchered.

For humidity, the daytime humidity is about 50%, nighttime humidity is 80%-90%. Actually, the daytime humidity is almost the same level to those months when it pitchered.

Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    Santa Ana winds kicking up yet? = severe drop in humidity. the pitchers will not form. cooler temps also encourages pitchering.
    My Grow-List and Want-List
    If you know other unique plants that can walk, can talk, can sing, or can eat people, please tell me and I definitely want to get one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah---i found out aristo likes it much cooler for daytime and night time temps---no higher than 80F, preferably around the 70s during the day and then 50s at night, although from what it sounds, your daytime temps could be the determining factor.

i've noticed when the humidity drops, my pitchers tips turn from green to golden, then to black---at that point they never inflated. if they're golden, you still might have a chance.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread