What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

favorite nepenthes houseplant

Here is a list of nepenthes that I have created. Can you suggest your favorite nepenthes and maybe add other suggestions you like?

Nepentes:

alata
sanguinea
ventricosa
truncata
X ventrata
X miranda
maxmia

Here are some additions:

N. red dragon
N. red leopard

Solid window sill plants for me.

N x Margaretea
N. truncata
N. maxima x truncata
N. maxima x alata
(anything with these parents in it really)

Nepenthes Mixta x Maxima x Veitchii x Northiana x Veitchii

Nepenthes Northiana x Veitchii H/L

Nepenthes Truncata x Veitchii H/L

Nepenthes Spectabilis x Veitchii H/L

Nepenthes Hamakua

Nepenthes Edwardsiana

Nepenthes Hamata

Nepenthes Tenuis

Nepenthes Dubia

Nepenthes Truncata x Aristolochioides

edwardsiana as a houseplant?

I imagine you'd have problems with dubia as a houseplant because it needs those severe night time drops (mine had probs inside), but the rest of those I'd grow in my house if I had them and nice windows. N.thorelliXcampanulata made a nice window plant too, as did chanianaXveitchii and Exotic Lady (and ditto on the Red Leopard!) :-D

My faves....

N.truncata (LL or HL)

N.ventricosa

N.sanguinea

N.miranda (needs tons of light)

You have one growing well as a houseplant? Do you have a standard temperature household? Do you do anything special for humidity? It wouldn't surprise me if the plant wasn't THAT picky it's just that, for me, that would be a lot of money to risk letting it acclimate to my house... Tell me more.

Mine are all growing great in the windowsill:

N. miranda x (?)
N. sanguinea
N. ventricosa
N. splendiana x (rokko x stenophylla)

Windowsill growing is the best!

I grow under grow lamps, but certainly not high-humidity at all. N. x Lady Pauline did excellent on my windowsill for several years though.

Anything from EP (Exotica plants)
Is it OK to mention EP here? They're wholesalers, not retailers, so I figured it would be alright.

x ' Marbled Dragon'

That sucker rules.

Back