What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Dark Time"

truncatacole

growingnepenthese.blogspo t.com
So due to my living situation I am only able to have my lights on during the night (from about 9 pm - 9 am). From 9 am to the next pm the neps are out of any direct light and only get very very little diffuse light. They get about 4 hours with absolutely no natural light before I turn the lights back on. Does it seem like this is enough of a dark time for the plants? Or should I try to find some other solution?

From what I understand if they don't get enough of a dark time over a period of time they will eventually wear out. So I'm trying to make sure I have the right balance before those negative effects would set in.

i suppose you could have their photoperiods reversed...it would be a serious pain though. wouldnt even know how to get you started on that. why is it that you cant have lights on during the day? t5 HOs and CPFs are totally suitable for growing plants....

Didn't somebody else on the forums try this...like limeslide or someone who's regularly in the chatbox?

Well i've had my plants doing this for the last 3 weeks. I'm just not sure if the 4-5ish hours with no light is enough of a dark time.

Back