Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: superthrive for neps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

superthrive for neps?

Does any one try the superthrive to water neps? How's the effect? And, what's the effect if using the superthrive to water ceps, helis and sarrs? And what's the concentration you used?

Thanks
    Zhilin
    My Grow-List and Want-List
    If you know other unique plants that can walk, can talk, can sing, or can eat people, please tell me and I definitely want to get one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done it. I use it in the dip when transplanting. 1 drop (Yes I mean one drop) to a gallon. Other then that I don't really water with it.
    Grow List: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=116427
    Member of BACPS & ICPS

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to use it for neps, but I don't anymore. I'm not convinced it does anything. However, I know it has its defenders.

-Hermes.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades. But the word of our God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8)

My Grow List Updated Oct 22/2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. Based on you guy's commends and my research on the forum, I guess I'd better not use it in regular watering.
    If you know other unique plants that can walk, can talk, can sing, or can eat people, please tell me and I definitely want to get one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only used Superthrive for transplanting bare-rooted plants, since Vitamin B-1 has been proven beneficial in overcoming transplant shock (ignore the myriad idiotic label claims promoting "wellness" or "goodness" or some-such gibberish); and I continue to use it because I have had that same bottle gathering dust for over five years.

At five drops per gallon, it goes a long way . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it all the time. Every watering and every misting. It does wonders for all of my CP's. It has saved a ton of my neps from death. It even makes my Neps grow 2 times as fast. I always notice 2 weeks worth of growth in 1 week thanks to this awesome stuff. This stuff never fails me.
    Its even making my Veitchii and Truncata hybrids grow fast, which are otherwise normally very very slow growers.

Also, if your watering a bunch of plants, I would use more than just 1 drop per gallon. Since I have a bunch of neps and dews, etc.... I use like up to 6 to 8 drops per gallon so all the plants get a good dose of the Superthrive. Remember, its all about making sure each plant gets a good noticeable dose of the superthrive when using it each time. 1 drop a gallon wont cut it for alot of plants.

Also, I use it more than 1 time a day on my plants. I only water the plants 1 time a day usually for their roots, but I always mist them like 5 and 10 times a day to keep them happy. Like if there in a rain forest where its all wet and rainy with high humidity.
    Last edited by Nepenthes101; 09-29-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to use it every watering, but haven't for a year or so now. Didn't notice any difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, guys. So, generally 5 drops per gallon is safe for watering neps, right?

nightsky: what's your concentration for watering? Maybe less concentration may not make significant difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast